Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: YSU post game thoughts.

Default Re: YSU post game thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Like I said I'm another thread, some Bison fans have a tough time accepting Youngstown is a great team and won't give them any credit. Some other Bison fans think the rest of the schedule is easy which is preposterous. 5-1 WIU, UNI who curb stomped SDSU at the stadium with the hostile and abusive name. Then we get the Bunnies at the aforementioned Stadium. Then USD who is undefeated and playing as well as anyone right now. Then Illinois State on the road. Conference play is so hard and we will have many more games like today's game.
    I admit I was wrong about how good YSU would be in this game. I felt the Bison would win by double digits.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I admit I was wrong about how good YSU would be in this game. I felt the Bison would win by double digits.
    Your prediction wasn't bad. It's the people who think we barely won because our team and coaches suck when they forget to give a great Youngstown team credit. Bo Pelini is building a great program.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Your prediction wasn't bad. It's the people who think we barely won because our team and coaches suck when they forget to give a great Youngstown team credit. Bo Pelini is building a great program.
    Winning isn’t easy. Add in the fact that the Bison are the team every other team in the FCS wants to emulate and beat; that’s a lot of pressure.

I know a lot of good teams left the FCS for G5, FBS purgatory recently, but I believe the level of football at the FCS is better than it was before those teams left. NDSU is the reason for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Mellow Pelini post game interview.

Pretty much agree about the "missed FG" after the YSU time-out called in overtime. Cam looked like he gave it a nonchalant effort after the play was called dead. Probably somewhat similar to a practice swing in golf.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Since the season has actually started now I figured it's a good time to start this back up:

1) Cox had a great game. That hit in OT to set up the missed FG stands out. He looks really fast and I love the intensity.
    2) Easton Stick is a stud. The guins were obviously well prepared for Dunn/Anderson but Stick added a lot with his ground game and made some clutch throws. MVP today and best QB in the Valley.
    3) Legendowski's one handed catch was great. If he drops that and we stall out on that drive who knows what the final score could have been.
    4) Great game by Jones. A couple of sacks and some consistent pressure from the D-Line as a whole. YSU's qb was slippery but those sacks really saved us on a couple of drives.
    5) I was really confused by some of the strategy late in the game (like the last drive of regulation) but whatever, we won.
    6) Clutch kick by Cam, again. He's come a long way.
    7) We need Dunn to run for about 180 yards on 7 carries next week to get his average back over 11 ypc.
    8) Overall a great team win against a tough as nails Valley team. On to the next stage of the gauntlet.
    1. Coming out party for Cox. Much needed with the injuries. He is going to be special (fingers crossed)
    2. Stick just looks more comfortable and in control this season. Hope to see more play action/throwing on the run/moving him around. Also nice to see 0 turnovers.
    3. Hell of a throw. Hell of a catch.
    4. 3rd down defense wasnt very good this game. QB legs hurt us, but we didnt give up much else, which is good.
    5. Clock management is still a big concern. Not sure if Stick was instructed to spike it?
    6. Nice to see Cam come through again.
    7/8. Tough spot after some patsies. Found a way to win. YSUs defense is decent. YSU should be a playoff team, but @ UNI, vs Illinois St, @ SIU. They need to go at least 2-1 there.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post

Pellini's spat with his Asst. Coach was great entertainment.

The Man-On-The-Moon Cam shot of Wentz's punch was very interesting.
    There was a little shoulder pushing with "Hot Lips" and his assistant.

I'd like to see a closer view of Wentz's punch because I was not convinced.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Where is Desmond Cain? How do you go from a 100 plus yard game against Ohio to being completely non-existent on a fcs offense? I ask this because the passing game seemed to also be non-existent.

Lardsin must go!

Jensen needs to be targeted much more imho

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Stick to Legendowski need a person say more. That throw and catch surpass ed Wentz to Legendowski vs the bunnies.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Two Time Mgmt Thoughts:

First half was worse than second half as we had a great opportunity to score six and wouldn't of even needed that last drive. You simply can't waste two TO with an experienced QB when the clock is already stopped for first downs, especially the one TO at the one. Inexcusable. Could have tried to run it in if he doesn't use that last TO.

Second, he needed to use the TO at the end of the game when Youngstown had the ball on the one with two minutes to go. We then would have had the ball with 1:55 remaining and 2 TO's.

My five year old son had to tell me that "Dad he can't hear you" .

It is frustration in some regards cause you feel he is playing to not lose instead of trying to win the game.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.