Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: YSU post game thoughts.

Default Re: YSU post game thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    Isn't there a penalty that can be given for this? Seems like I remember threat of penalty for a phantom whistle during a playoff game, in the dome?
    There was a penalty for that phantom whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    Isn't there a penalty that can be given for this? Seems like I remember threat of penalty for a phantom whistle during a playoff game, in the dome?
    Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    There was a penalty for that phantom whistle.
    No there wasn't a penalty, they just claimed the play was blown dead pre-snap after NDSU sacked UNI QB Aaron Bailey even though Bailey seemed to be the only guy on the field on either team to not play that play out full speed.

I believe the crowd got so loud after that UNI was called for a false start before the next official play.

Pelini will leave YSU before Klieman leaves NDSU because he has been there before. Some team will be willing to pull him back up into the P5. He's a good coach, what has Nebraska done since he left?

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That post game pressy with Bo took all the fun out of it. He was way more classy than I ever expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    No there wasn't a penalty, they just claimed the play was blown dead pre-snap after NDSU sacked UNI QB Aaron Bailey even though Bailey seemed to be the only guy on the field on either team to not play that play out full speed.

I believe the crowd got so loud after that UNI was called for a false start before the next official play.
    Off topic, but I listened to the "Sports Guy's program in Cedar Falls after that game. He said it got worse after the phantom whistle. Had folks calling in saying it wasn't fair (the crowd noise), and the playoffs should be at a neutral site.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Off topic, but I listened to the "Sports Guy's program in Cedar Falls after that game. He said it got worse after the phantom whistle. Had folks calling in saying it wasn't fair (the crowd noise), and the playoffs should be at a neutral site.
    Purple pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Pelini will leave YSU before Klieman leaves NDSU because he has been there before. Some team will be willing to pull him back up into the P5. He's a good coach, what has Nebraska done since he left?
    Some MAC school

Noisemakers are not allowed, but it’s OK to toot the steam whistle as the visitors are lining up on third down?
    It's OK to not be OK.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Was just looking at season stats and found it incredible that Jabril Cox is tied for the team lead in tackles, tackles for loss and sacks in very limited time. Obviously he is a special teams monster to have that many tackles but the guy is an amazing playmaker and plays with swag.
    Edit: actually backups have played a fair amount in blowouts but last sentence still stands
    Last edited by ZHerd; 10-16-2017 at 05:55 AM.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    1. Coming out party for Cox. Much needed with the injuries. He is going to be special (fingers crossed)
    2. Stick just looks more comfortable and in control this season. Hope to see more play action/throwing on the run/moving him around. Also nice to see 0 turnovers.
    3. Hell of a throw. Hell of a catch.
    4. 3rd down defense wasnt very good this game. QB legs hurt us, but we didnt give up much else, which is good.
    5. Clock management is still a big concern. Not sure if Stick was instructed to spike it?
    6. Nice to see Cam come through again.
    7/8. Tough spot after some patsies. Found a way to win. YSUs defense is decent. YSU should be a playoff team, but @ UNI, vs Illinois St, @ SIU. They need to go at least 2-1 there.
    YSU is in at 6-5, but I think they might win all 3. They'll be seeded if they do