Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: YSU post game thoughts.

Default YSU post game thoughts.

Since the season has actually started now I figured it's a good time to start this back up:

1) Cox had a great game. That hit in OT to set up the missed FG stands out. He looks really fast and I love the intensity.
    2) Easton Stick is a stud. The guins were obviously well prepared for Dunn/Anderson but Stick added a lot with his ground game and made some clutch throws. MVP today and best QB in the Valley.
    3) Legendowski's one handed catch was great. If he drops that and we stall out on that drive who knows what the final score could have been.
    4) Great game by Jones. A couple of sacks and some consistent pressure from the D-Line as a whole. YSU's qb was slippery but those sacks really saved us on a couple of drives.
    5) I was really confused by some of the strategy late in the game (like the last drive of regulation) but whatever, we won.
    6) Clutch kick by Cam, again. He's come a long way.
    7) We need Dunn to run for about 180 yards on 7 carries next week to get his average back over 11 ypc.
    8) Overall a great team win against a tough as nails Valley team. On to the next stage of the gauntlet.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Default Re: YSU post game thoughts.

Too many penalties. Was Wentz really throwing a punch or more just trying to knock away the other guy's arms? I couldn't see to clearly on our ESPN3 feed.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Too many penalties. Was Wentz really throwing a punch or more just trying to knock away the other guy's arms? I couldn't see to clearly on our ESPN3 feed.
    i didn't see it very well either but still need to be smarter

I'm worried about the LB position. Lossed Board tonight, Deluca isn't nearly 100% speed wise, Cox was great but who's up next???

2 valley road wins.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Since the season has actually started now I figured it's a good time to start this back up:

1) Cox had a great game. That hit in OT to set up the missed FG stands out. He looks really fast and I love the intensity.
    2) Easton Stick is a stud. The guins were obviously well prepared for Dunn/Anderson but Stick added a lot with his ground game and made some clutch throws. MVP today and best QB in the Valley.
    3) Legendowski's one handed catch was great. If he drops that and we stall out on that drive who knows what the final score could have been.
    4) Great game by Jones. A couple of sacks and some consistent pressure from the D-Line as a whole. YSU's qb was slippery but those sacks really saved us on a couple of drives.
    5) I was really confused by some of the strategy late in the game (like the last drive of regulation) but whatever, we won.
    6) Clutch kick by Cam, again. He's come a long way.
    7) We need Dunn to run for about 180 yards on 7 carries next week to get his average back over 11 ypc.
    8) Overall a great team win against a tough as nails Valley team. On to the next stage of the gauntlet.
    With regards to the last drive of regulation. I think it suggests we don't have great talent at Wide Receiver to beat man to man coverage
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Road win vs a team in the championship game last year that is probably one of the top teams this year who was probably looking forward to this game when they lost last week.
    It's OK to not be OK.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Plank was back tonight we will need him.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I'm worried about the LB position. Lossed Board tonight, Deluca isn't nearly 100% speed wise, Cox was great but who's up next???
    DeLuca must be in severe pain. He really struggled tonight.

Coaching at end of game was, well, confusing. Clock management was, well, to be kind, confusing.

As far as RBs mentioned earlier, I don't agree with the constant rotation. Dunn has been hot, they ran him as a result. He played less effectively tonight but Anderson was hot. So Bruce is kicking their ass on a second half drive and the OL is clicking and they'll put Dunn in for no gains and punt. That strategy has to be re-thunk. I think it makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    With regards to the last drive of regulation. I think it suggests we don't have great talent at Wide Receiver to beat man to man coverage
    We've been hearing how good the TE's are and they all seem to be good....so with YSU sniffing out Easton's runs, one might think a TE might have a chance over the middle or up the seam like the TD to Jenson
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!