Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: YSU post game thoughts.

Default Re: YSU post game thoughts.

Big win. I pumped to finally get to a home game this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Big win. I pumped to finally get to a home game this weekend!
    What is the standard refractory period in Langdon these days.............Should be OK for Saturday given your youthful junk.*

*Cannot wait for Answer Guy to Google that so that she can post for the first time in 27 months.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    What is the standard refractory period in Langdon these days.............Should be OK for Saturday given your youthful junk.*

*Cannot wait for Answer Guy to Google that so that she can post for the first time in 27 months.
    Depends on the freeze-thaw cycle, which is usually freeze in Langdon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looking good Billy Ray!

When the Bison played ISU-Blue, I was happy with the passing in that game, I viewed it as if the Bison just decided they were going to show everyone that we can now do a respectable job in the passing game, and that our TEs were a force to be aware of. However after the YSU game I do not feel the same. At one point in the fourth quarter the play by play guy made the statement that YSU was not respecting the NDSU receivers and were just playing them man to man with really no fear of getting burned or giving up anything big. And I have to agree with the assessment he made, the receivers were having a very hard time getting open for the most part. Now in general, I do believe that NDSU can get away with the level the receivers are at in 90%-95% of the teams being faced. A great running game and a less than average passing game(at best). This however is going to be a problem once NDSU goes up against the likes of JMU. JMU(semifinals) did the same thing as YSU did last week (only better as per the outcome) with basically their defense giving our passing game the middle finger and putting everyone in the box and along the line to stop the run. I do not see any noticeable improvement in this area for the Bison this year and I fear the outcome is going to be the same. I understand YSU is regarded as having a very good defense, but so will any teams we face in the later rounds of the playoffs. Is the running game enough, the way that it is, to get another championship, on the offensive side of this team. The defense for sure is getting pounded with injuries but thank god that the backups seem to be world beaters as they are all stepping up big time. Cox was a monster this game. That kid is going to be a first class stud like Nick Deluca. Our defense is doing a great job, can they carry us to another championship and overcome enough to make up for other areas that lack a little?
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    When the Bison played ISU-Blue, I was happy with the passing in that game, I viewed it as if the Bison just decided they were going to show everyone that we can now do a respectable job in the passing game, and that our TEs were a force to be aware of. However after the YSU game I do not feel the same. At one point in the fourth quarter the play by play guy made the statement that YSU was not respecting the NDSU receivers and were just playing them man to man with really no fear of getting burned or giving up anything big. And I have to agree with the assessment he made, the receivers were having a very hard time getting open for the most part. Now in general, I do believe that NDSU can get away with the level the receivers are at in 90%-95% of the teams being faced. A great running game and a less than average passing game(at best). This however is going to be a problem once NDSU goes up against the likes of JMU. JMU(semifinals) did the same thing as YSU did last week (only better as per the outcome) with basically their defense giving our passing game the middle finger and putting everyone in the box and along the line to stop the run. I do not see any noticeable improvement in this area for the Bison this year and I fear the outcome is going to be the same. I understand YSU is regarded as having a very good defense, but so will any teams we face in the later rounds of the playoffs. Is the running game enough, the way that it is, to get another championship, on the offensive side of this team. The defense for sure is getting pounded with injuries but thank god that the backups seem to be world beaters as they are all stepping up big time. Cox was a monster this game. That kid is going to be a first class stud like Nick Deluca. Our defense is doing a great job, can they carry us to another championship and overcome enough to make up for other areas that lack a little?
    Team game. Singling out one phase of the game in a vacuum seems a little harsh. Love our Defense as well, but it gave up 4 scoring drives of 60 yards or more including a 90 yard TD drive late in the 4th quarter. Other team has scholarship players too - and YSU had good plan. They played much more zone in this game than they had shown in any of the previous games (that's a fact), and TOP played a big part in Easton's attempts & completion % being down - we held the ball for only 27 minutes. Great team win. Love how the O, D, and Special Teams pick each other up. On to Western Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    I agree with this about the receivers just don’t have nobody to take the top off and go.
    RJ and Shep are both good at what they do, but to go deep when everyone is expecting it and be successful not going to happen, like it does every Saturday at many stadiums. Ready need to get some thing going to address this, really need to in order to get back to frisco

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    I agree with this about the receivers just don’t have nobody to take the top off and go.
    RJ and Shep are both good at what they do, but to go deep when everyone is expecting it and be successful not going to happen, like it does every Saturday at many stadiums. Ready need to get some thing going to address this, really need to in order to get back to frisco
    I agree. We were 1-6 passing on 3rd down last weekend and I am not blaming our QB. I thought our defense played pretty well except they got beat on two 3rd and very longs. One was the 1st TD and one was on the game tying drive. But....if you would have told me before the game we would win in OT I would have took it in a heartbeat. Youngstown is a very good team!

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    This is basically his third year starting, his accuracy is much better this year, but he hasn't shown that extra something, at least not consistently the way Brock and Carson did. We could put the ball in those two guys hands in crunch time knowing we'd be successful. I hope Stick develops that quality, but so far, not so much.
    Carson was unique from Brock who is unique from Easton.
    The kid runs like a rabbit, those other 2 were talented but never had his rushing ability. They all had their talents in different ways. His stats on the record books in many catagories are climbing and he will do just fine.

When he was thrown into the mix with carson's injury he saved the day for several games with primarily his wheels, and in a pinch still does. We would have a L on the last game with out his 174 yds rushing.
    We are primarily a rushing offense who makes short but effective passes as needed? Now we have a great group of O-linemen but are young, brock and carson had more strength on the o-line to open up the gaps for the RB's, this will come.

This team has not played a full game this year prior to this, the OC is really just getting fired up ... lots of depth is being established. I think many twists will be shown as needed, when needed.

Maybe it is just me but I feel good about this team .. all teams and players and coaches make mistakes, the good ones find ways to get that W, the Bison are loaded with W's .... imho

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

Quote Originally Posted by GenX View Post
    Team game. Singling out one phase of the game in a vacuum seems a little harsh. Love our Defense as well, but it gave up 4 scoring drives of 60 yards or more including a 90 yard TD drive late in the 4th quarter. Other team has scholarship players too - and YSU had good plan. They played much more zone in this game than they had shown in any of the previous games (that's a fact), and TOP played a big part in Easton's attempts & completion % being down - we held the ball for only 27 minutes. Great team win. Love how the O, D, and Special Teams pick each other up. On to Western Illinois.
    I'm not picking on one phase of the game because I think they are going to hold us back or cost us a game. My point is that when I see any one problem with offense that we can't hid or cover, getting separation from the defenders is it. No fear of our receivers breaking one deep, or even zigging when the defender zags is an issue that the offense needs to address. Maybe trick plays or something unconventional just to keep the defense from selling out on our run game. Like I said, JMU did it, and they showed a blueprint on how to beat the Bison offense. And the staff has not been able to overcome it. That being said, the Bison are probably the best team with an issue, kind of a good spot to be in.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?