Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: YSU post game thoughts.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: YSU post game thoughts.

Winning is great. Having Bo outsmart himself is just added frosting on the cake.

Engel is not making huge catches but contributing in other areas. Thought his downfield blocking on the Stick 80 yard TD was gutty and he should have provoked a killer 15 yard penalty against YSU in OT. Refs chickened out calling that offsetting.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    Winning is great. Having Bo outsmart himself is just added frosting on the cake.
    Oh man I hope someone asks him if he regrets calling that TO in OT at the post game presser.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Oh man I hope someone asks him if he regrets calling that TO in OT at the post game presser.
    I think BO outsmarted CK by not calling the TO in the 4th. I guess that depends on ow you look at that tho.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Engel is not making huge catches but contributing in other areas. Thought his downfield blocking on the Stick 80 yard TD was gutty and he should have provoked a killer 15 yard penalty against YSU in OT. Refs chickened out calling that .
    Thought that was complete bullshit to call that offsetting. That's either a no call (which it probably should've been in that situation) or a PF on the YSU guy. Once they threw the flags they couldn't put the toothpaste back into the tube so had to cover up their fuck up. Funny they didn't do that on the Wentz PF/ejection. I wonder if knowing Bo would've blown a gasket had any effect on that decision???

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Thought that was complete bullshit to call that offsetting. That's either a no call (which it probably should've been in that situation) or a PF on the YSU guy. Once they threw the flags they couldn't put the toothpaste back into the tube so had to cover up their fuck up. Funny they didn't do that on the Wentz PF/ejection. I wonder if knowing Bo would've blown a gasket had any effect on that decision???
    I hate to get into the ref thing for a few reasons. Like the saying goes....you gotta play well enough to beat the other team and the refs. But, I thought there was some lopsided flag throwing for sure. It is sally GG goggles tho. I typically change my mind after re-watching the game.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Is anyone concerned that our QB ran for 174 and threw for 113.
    No! and he should have ran for more yards on more plays because that is what their defense was giving up.

If you do not respond to the what the defense is doing, you are a complete football idiot. Yet, it continues to go on at all levels. The only explanation I can figure is that these people have such huge egos, that they get caught in the trap of wanting to force their will upon an opponent rather than just take what is being easily and freely given.

YSU player earned that flag. Refs bent over backwards giving it to Engel.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

6-0 overall. 3-0 in conference. 2 road wins against top 10 teams in the nation. That will be our toughest test till the national semifinal game this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    6-0 overall. 3-0 in conference. 2 road wins against top 10 teams in the nation. That will be our toughest test till the national semifinal game this year.
    Disagree. I think USD will be a challenge as well.