Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Youngstown State

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Youngstown State

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Youngstown is much better than I thought. Perhaps it’s because they put everything into it tonight.

Jabril Cox era at NDSU is officially here.

Lastly, did our receivers get all their clothes back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good pts

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Their QB looked like a high school player in previous games I've watched, but tonight he was a dude...not only his play but physically as well, is there a magic 24 hour steroid?

Quote Originally Posted by TNbison View Post
    1st taste of adversity at the end of a game this season. Ended up with the W. I'll take it.
    Glad the team didn't wilt like some of our fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by wisco4 View Post
    Thank you. What do you want as a fan? Bitch and moan about the lack of competition or bitch and moan about beating a team that lost in the national finals last year, playing for possibly their playoff life at home and winning! ?!
    Unfortunately, many people are only happy when they can complain.

Tonight’s game is an example of what separates NDSU from other great college football teams - they can handle the target on the back. YSU was trying their absolute best to break those targeted backs and failed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

I was slightly impressed with YSU. I really thought they were going to completely fold up after the second straight Bison TD making the score 24-17. At that point, NDSU was blowing them up on the line. Of course, we let them back in by not covering the QB draw with someone with any kind of legs. I love 49, but he needs to get that leg healed up a little more. He was a 1/2 step away from plays he was lighting up in the past. His mind is getting him in the screen, but he doesn't have the cutback ability or the quickness to close right now to make up for that split second difference his injury has cost him. The offensive playcalling after getting the lead became quite offensive. Instead of stepping on their throat, they were trying to play out the clock without a solid plan of getting a first down.

Too many penalties to extend penguin drives on third down. I know there were at least 2 drives that were extended by penalties. I also thought the commentator making the comment the Bison was committed to the run was kind of asinine. They were committed to the run. That was why they were ending up 3rd and long a lot in the first half against a 8 man box. There should have been some play action on first down, make some plays downfield, and hope that loosened up the box enough to go back to running. In the second half, the Bison was doing a much better job of killing plays for a while when YSU stacked the box until they got the lead, then it was forcing the run again. Trust the receivers. More than 7 in the box, audible to a pass and make them go one on one with our guys in the air. Less than 7, run and run and run. It should have been a simple 2 play offense with simple counting the box and running the first or second play depending on what was called first. It wasn't that difficult of an evening for anyone. Somehow, our coaches made this game more difficult then it needed to be.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I not only agree with you, I agree with Klieman working the clock. Had we not converted that 3rd down they would have had time to win the game
    YSU could still win in OT.

Enzyte.....
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    working the clock with 3 time outs?

1 min+3 timeouts is a fucking eternity.
    Agree ! A lot of time.

I called the previous games "yawners" compared to last season's start with multiple overtime games and last second wins. You can all blame me. LOL
    It's OK to not be OK.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Going into this game I think it was tough to judge how good we were. Beat a top 10 team on the road in OT. This is physical team and they played us tough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk