Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Youngstown State

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Youngstown State

Bison D is over-rated. Looked suspect tonight. Deluca was really slow and did not do much of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Did the Bison just take the best shot the MV has to offer and win?
    I think they took a really good shot. YSU is legitimately ranked but also a couple of losses away from a lot of trouble. They are basically almost in playoff mode right now. They also play a lot like the Bison and don't mind games getting ugly. I am willing to bet they would take OT 100 out of a 100 times against NDSU. I don't think they feel it matters how they win.

YSU is a very interesting team and presented some serious matchup problems with their offense. Our Tampa 2 is way more effective when our safeties can stay over the top and react. There were so many plays when they were coming down to support everything underneath, our corners had to stay on deeper coverage and it flipped our defense around. Our LBers ended up way deeper than normal and our safeties were way further underneath than normal. It made for some interesting matchups downfield and underneath when things were happening against the 2nd level, it was really our 3rd level. YSU does some things on offense that contradicts everything the Bison wants to do defensively. It was a very good game plan.

I am of the firm belief the two teams that will always cause the Bison the most trouble are YSU and UNI because of the way they can turn the Bison defense inside out. Sure they have crazy coaches, but they know how our defense works. SDSU just tries to beat NDSU with more talent. YSU and UNI bring unique gameplans.

pretty impressed with our young O-line against top competition. Made a few errors but was on the verge of taking over a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Bison D is over-rated. Looked suspect tonight. Deluca was really slow and did not do much of anything.
    The issues with Deluca need to be discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I think they took a really good shot. YSU is legitimately ranked but also a couple of losses away from a lot of trouble. They are basically almost in playoff mode right now. They also play a lot like the Bison and don't mind games getting ugly. I am willing to bet they would take OT 100 out of a 100 times against NDSU. I don't think they feel it matters how they win.

YSU is a very interesting team and presented some serious matchup problems with their offense. Our Tampa 2 is way more effective when our safeties can stay over the top and react. There were so many plays when they were coming down to support everything underneath, our corners had to stay on deeper coverage and it flipped our defense around. Our LBers ended up way deeper than normal and our safeties were way further underneath than normal. It made for some interesting matchups downfield and underneath when things were happening against the 2nd level, it was really our 3rd level. YSU does some things on offense that contradicts everything the Bison wants to do defensively. It was a very good game plan.

I am of the firm belief the two teams that will always cause the Bison the most trouble are YSU and UNI because of the way they can turn the Bison defense inside out. Sure they have crazy coaches, but they know how our defense works. SDSU just tries to beat NDSU with more talent. YSU and UNI bring unique gameplans.
    How they heck did you see depths with the camera work. on DTV the camera barely went to the second level. I have been trying to figure out what happen to our back end d all damn day. So it was a depth issue?

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We won the game. This team isn't a quick strike offense, especially vs a tough defense. As an arm chair QB it's so easy to complain until Stick has a ball tipped and we lose
    with regards to the end of the game: If we try to score do you think we have a better chance to score or do you think YSU does? If you think we do you try and score. If you think YSU does you play for OT. You can always invent worse case scenarios.

btw we had 80 yard drive on play earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    a lot of views of the decision to play not to lose vs play to win would be different had ysus kicker made his kick and cam missed his.

Im a believer in maximizing opportunities. defenders could slip, fall, bllow coverage, interfere. when easton got 4 yards instead of 14 on 1st down, they immediately didnt give their opportunity maximum chance to succeed,

i highly doubt the staff had the chiefs/broncos game in mind. especially for a team that rarely turns it over.
    Not saying I disagree with you, but that’s the only excuse I could give the coaching staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    The issues with Deluca need to be discussed.
    serious question: is he bad enough where he shouldn't be playing?

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    serious question: is he bad enough where he shouldn't be playing?
    two words....NO

12 tackles 10 solo wtf are u talking about

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Lol at the extremes here. A couple overly negative people that say nasty stuff in the heat of the moment and a handful of homers that can't handle any negative critique of players or coaching decisions regardless of how realistic those critiques are. This game revealed a lot, most of which I'm keeping to myself. Once again NDSU is a good, gritty team but with injury and other concerns. This team needs to get better if they want to beat the best team in FCS
    Are you new here?
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."