Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Youngstown State

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Youngstown State

They won despite their decisions. Tanguay is invisible, Deluca looks slow and the coaches are way too conservative. Actually, calling it conservative isn't the right word because they actually gambled on lower percentage outcomes. Rant over.

We'll be lucky to win another game
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Youngstown is going to ruin some teams post season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wisco4 View Post
    Idiot. Please turn game off
    No kidding, its just a game... If bison lose, the sun will come out the next day

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    What a shitty win.
    Jeez, it's a win! Against a really good team! Did someone crap in your cornflakes or you didn't cover the betting spread? Yours was the dumbest post seen in a long while. That's saying a lot on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Lol oh youu never questioned anything the bison did tonight??
    Very easy to question in hindsight. They beat a team with that teams back against the wall on the road. What else do you want them to do?

Great game. Good football on both sides. Refs pussed out with that offsetting call. That should have gone against YSU, but they didn't want to be accused of determining the outcome of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    This feels a lot like playing not to lose. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I've seen a lot of NFL teams lose b/c they went to the 'prevent' defense in the last few minutes. Here it seemed the Bison went with the 'prevent' offense. It makes some sense if the goal was to not have a turnover, less chance with running plays, but still seemed they did not play to win the last minute of the game.

That said, happy to see the Bison won. The Bison D stepped up to stop YSU in OT, and they got a bit of luck when the YSU kicker went wide right. The Bison three run plays in OT - two up the middle - didn't seem like aggressive play calling to me, but it helped set up a field goal that Cam made. Not impressed with how it was done, but the job did get done and the Bison get their W.

Quote Originally Posted by wisco4 View Post
    Very easy to question in hindsight. They beat a team with that teams back against the wall on the road. What else do you want them to do?
    Hindsight. Everything you see here is first guessing in real time, not hindsight.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It was a little ugly at times but YSU is a tough team. Some things to improve and that’s alright. Really have to question the 2 min decisions. Hopefully the coaches can look back on this and make improvements. Cox showed his athletic ability and it looks like he might be needed if Board is out. Despite the 4th quarter td. Defense picked things up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Cox is a beast