Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Youngstown State

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Youngstown State

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    wouldnt that be the yotes?
    My thoughts exactly. Nothing special about YSU. Stupid penalties and lack of execution by Bison O and D made YSU look better.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    It wasn't THAT bad.
    True, sometimes i exaggerate. But damn we need to do better!

I'm really disappointed to still not see Dez Cain make any impact. This was exactly the type of game I was hoping he'd be able to make an impact on. I had hoped he had better "separatability" than RJ and Shep do so putting him out there, especially in the slot, could give Easton a mismatch to go after. It just doesn't seem to be clicking for Cain yet.

Also, how about a fade to Engel at the end of the 1st half? God knows it couldn't have been any worse than what they tried.

We lament the lack of depth at WR but I don't see the guys like Cain and Engel really getting any opportunities either.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    From my seat on the couch neither looked stellar.
    That was my impression.

Of course an offensive line that was getting beat and suspect play calling feeds into that too.

PI against Allison was a tough call. Thought refs were letting YSU DBs get away with as much or more. Unless of coarse there is a reverse angle shot that shows him pulling the receivers jersey half off

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    That was my impression.

Of course an offensive line that was getting beat and suspect play calling feeds into that too.
    5 yards per carry ( less ET big run) not sooooo bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4x View Post
    Good to get a win at a tough place to play. Deluca is clearly far from 100%.

It felt like TP was calling plays tonight.
    I agree....same with Tanguay. I hope they can get back to their old selves by playoff time. I think conditioning is holding Deluca back right now.

YSU receivers caught most of their passes with NDSU receivers not even close. On the other side YSU defenders were draped all over our pathetic receivers all night. Should have been a few penalties, but refs were blind.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Lol at the extremes here. A couple overly negative people that say nasty stuff in the heat of the moment and a handful of homers that can't handle any negative critique of players or coaching decisions regardless of how realistic those critiques are. This game revealed a lot, most of which I'm keeping to myself. Once again NDSU is a good, gritty team but with injury and other concerns. This team needs to get better if they want to beat the best team in FCS

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm really disappointed to still not see Dez Cain make any impact. This was exactly the type of game I was hoping he'd be able to make an impact on. I had hoped he had better "separatability" than RJ and Shep do so putting him out there, especially in the slot, could give Easton a mismatch to go after. It just doesn't seem to be clicking for Cain yet.

Also, how about a fade to Engel at the end of the 1st half? God knows it couldn't have been any worse than what they tried.

We lament the lack of depth at WR but I don't see the guys like Cain and Engel really getting any opportunities either.
    They're not as good as they've been hyped.