Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Youngstown State

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Youngstown State

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    One of the best defenses in FCS and we won.
    yeah, this is just stupid. No way we were going to house them on their field. We are two evenly matched teams and we happened to squeak it out.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I said it in this thread last night and I will say it again now. YSU is going to ruin someones post season. They will get in as one of the last teams and proceed to pound the hell out of a few opponents who think they are far superior because of their inflated bracketing.

Watched the replay... looked like a great game between two well-matched opponents - it was exactly what a game between two top 10 teams should look like.

Don't really have much to add to what others said except:

1. Looked to me like Board got hurt on the chop block play (but I could be totally wrong - I'll have to listen to the radio broadcast)
    2. NDSU only had 10 sacks all season but got 6 against Youngstown (who had given up 10 all season)
    3. Kind of think the refs were a little intimidated by Coach Bo... not sure what they would have had to do to get a PI called on them, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I said it in this thread last night and I will say it again now. YSU is going to ruin someones post season. They will get in as one of the last teams and proceed to pound the hell out of a few opponents who think they are far superior because of their inflated bracketing.
    I don't disagree but it will take a really stupid team to overlook YSU. Their defense is for real. If they get away with being physical on the backend, they are tough for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Watched the replay... looked like a great game between two well-matched opponents - it was exactly what a game between two top 10 teams should look like.

Don't really have much to add to what others said except:

1. Looked to me like Board got hurt on the chop block play (but I could be totally wrong - I'll have to listen to the radio broadcast)
    2. NDSU only had 10 sacks all season but got 6 against Youngstown (who had given up 10 all season)
    3. Kind of think the refs were a little intimidated by Coach Bo... not sure what they would have had to do to get a PI called on them, for example.

I made this exact point on the phantom PI call in the end zone against Jalen Allison which was just a great play.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Going to be interesting to see what happens to YSU this week, they have to play in Cedar Falls and it seems skeletor has the ship righted. The Penguins have kind of been thru the meat grinder. Whatever happens it will be nice that UNI is going to be beat up physically from it before they head to Fargo.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    [/B]

I made this exact point on the phantom PI call in the end zone against Jalen Allison which was just a great play.
    I wouldn’t have had an issue if the YSU defenders weren’t getting away with undressing our receivers all night. Then again, maybe those defenders were actually playing great, but we couldn’t see it because the production team has no idea how to shoot a football game (not a difficult task BTW).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    I thought so too. But then we'd go to a spread look with no fullback and run the ball for essentially no gain, every time. Busting it for 4 to 8 yards with the fullbacks. Why we went away from that is mind boggling.
    This, we were moving the ball with power, but then would go away from it. We never really got into a good running grove until the 3rd quarter but then our we would try to something else.

With all that being said, YSU is a hell of a team and took a lot of our strengths away from us. I hope they can win out, if they do, they will make a lot of noise in the playoffs. Just hope they are in the other bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I don't disagree but it will take a really stupid team to overlook YSU. Their defense is for real. If they get away with being physical on the backend, they are tough for anyone.
    I’m thinking there are plenty of conference winners that will believe too heavily in their skewed stats from playing in a poor league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I just wish UND was good enough to get a home playoff game, so YSU could go into that tin shed and whip them.

Edit: Then again, we just need to wait until '19 for that.