Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Youngstown State

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Youngstown State

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Bison D is over-rated. Looked suspect tonight. Deluca was really slow and did not do much of anything.
    Yep...Deluca was a step or two slow on seemingly every play.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    How they heck did you see depths with the camera work. on DTV the camera barely went to the second level. I have been trying to figure out what happen to our back end d all damn day.
    I know you will watch the game again, so watch where everyone is at on passing plays. All flipped around. I am leaning towards YSU doing something way different because NDSU doesn't change for anyone like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    Yep...Deluca was a step or two slow on seemingly every play.
    Slow in reacting which lane the QB was going to draw, but not every play. He made a lot of tackles at the line of scrimmage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I know you will watch the game again, so watch where everyone is at on passing plays. All flipped around. I am leaning towards YSU doing something way different because NDSU doesn't change for anyone like that.
    Will do, about to re-watch in 30.

For what it is worth, I thought both ( O and D) lines played pretty darn good against a top FCS team

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    serious question: is he bad enough where he shouldn't be playing?
    No, but it is obvious something isn't exactly right. He isn't dropping back in coverage anymore and maybe asking him to be sideline to sideline coverage squirter control on passing downs is a bit too much. I want him in there on 1st and 2nd down. Maybe he should be treated more like Grant Olson than 2015 Nick DeLuca. At least until he has cut that 1/2 step loss in 1/2 again.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Lol at the extremes here. A couple overly negative people that say nasty stuff in the heat of the moment and a handful of homers that can't handle any negative critique of players or coaching decisions regardless of how realistic those critiques are. This game revealed a lot, most of which I'm keeping to myself. Once again NDSU is a good, gritty team but with injury and other concerns. This team needs to get better if they want to beat the best team in FCS
    who is the best team in the FCS.... Just Curious

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    who is the best team in the FCS.... Just Curious
    possibly USD?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    No, but it is obvious something isn't exactly right. He isn't dropping back in coverage anymore and maybe asking him to be sideline to sideline coverage squirter control on passing downs is a bit too much. I want him in there on 1st and 2nd down. Maybe he should be treated more like Grant Olson than 2015 Nick DeLuca. At least until he has cut that 1/2 step loss in 1/2 again.
    Either his cut is just a 1/2 slow or he is thinking too much. He has not played that many snaps the past 2 years, add playing after an injury and there you go. Could have been an assignment thing as well.

Again Today.... 12 tackles, 10 solo and 2 for a loss. I will take that production all day long

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Bison D is over-rated. Looked suspect tonight. Deluca was really slow and did not do much of anything.
    DeLuca had 12 tackles and made a shoe string tackle that tripped up the QB and saved a TD. His knee is obviously slowing him a little but to say 12 tackles is "doing nothing."

Our defense was solid. Our offense couldn't sustain drives so they were on the field too much. The refs bailed out Youngstown all night. A power running team ran for 3.3 yards per carry and Their QB got sacked 5 times. It was 2 bad plays that was the difference. James Hendricks And Jordheim got burned. I'm sick of these first scripted drives that slice up our defense. They knew exactly what we were going to do

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    possibly USD?
    I have watched most of their games...IMO bounces are going there way, but I am not sure they are the best FCS team. building confidence tho...and that accounts for a lot