Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Ronald Audette

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Ronald Audette

Or maybe some guys choose to go to a school to be in the program, for the team name on the front of the jersey, to be a part of the university. And they’ll contribute however they can to make the team better. It’s not always about starting, it can be more than that for some young men. Good for Ronald and this opportunity. Practice hard and prepare every day like you’re one play from starting...I feel like I’ve seen a similar thing happen before somewhere else.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    If he plays.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    And if he doesn't play he will still have the opportunity to transfer to every FCS school that already offered him and than some, including NDSU. His scholarship will still be there and he will get the playing time. The opportunity to compete against FBS competition is huge. Even Oregon St. would have given him more exposure to NFL scouts weekly than being at NDSU.

Losing an OL commit to OL University is a good thing because that means NDSU is recruiting the right type of player. Don't believe me about Wisconsin being OL University, then check out how many stud RBs they consistently have that don't go far in the NFL.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    Or maybe some guys choose to go to a school to be in the program, for the team name on the front of the jersey, to be a part of the university. And they’ll contribute however they can to make the team better. It’s not always about starting, it can be more than that for some young men. Good for Ronald and this opportunity. Practice hard and prepare every day like you’re one play from starting...I feel like I’ve seen a similar thing happen before somewhere else.
    Very few recruited players will have that mind set. It you are going off to school to play football you want to start. You expect to start. Thats all the majority of players know.
    If you are in love with the thought of being on the team and just love the game of football or are in love with the thought of going to a certain school then that mind set would come in to play.

That mind set will also come in to play when a player realizes hes not going to start as the players in front of him are better. When that reality settles in then they assume a different roll.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

What ever. MN football is low tier bIg10. They wont even consider scheduling the Bison. They suck and probably always will minus a fluke season ever dozen years. They have no fan base, no tradition and and are the Gophers. Who the hell picked that knickname/mascot? They can't even put together a decent ice hockey team and they are The State Of Hockey. Lmao

so...how about their womens sports?

If he plays.

He isn't going there to ride the bench. Players like him expect to start, that's part of their mindset. If you want to play that game, there is no guarantee he starts at NDSU either.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Very few recruited players will have that mind set. It you are going off to school to play football you want to start. You expect to start. Thats all the majority of players know.
    If you are in love with the thought of being on the team and just love the game of football or are in love with the thought of going to a certain school then that mind set would come in to play.

That mind set will also come in to play when a player realizes hes not going to start as the players in front of him are better. When that reality settles in then they assume a different roll.
    Two posters say he may not play or won't play for almost 4 years and I defend the young man for making the decision about his future based upon maybe a bigger picture perspective about it being more than just that, and you correct me about a players mind set in regards to starting?? If I respond to those posters "Oh yeah, well I think he'll work his tail off and be starting by such and such a year!!", then we get no where because no one can say for sure how this story will unfold. So go ahead and let them speculate about him not seeing the field and making an awful decision in choosing the Badgers over the Bison. I'll just wish him good luck, move on, and look forward to the guy that will be stepping in to his place in our recruiting class.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    so...how about their womens sports?
    They are great!

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    And if he doesn't play he will still have the opportunity to transfer to every FCS school that already offered him and than some, including NDSU. His scholarship will still be there and he will get the playing time. The opportunity to compete against FBS competition is huge. Even Oregon St. would have given him more exposure to NFL scouts weekly than being at NDSU.
    Not true at all. Ask James Johanneson how that worked out. He wanted to come back but we were out of scholarships and now he's playing in Sioux hell.
    Ask Ramone Winters who decommitted. I can think of plenty examples.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    He isn't going there to ride the bench. Players like him expect to start, that's part of their mindset. If you want to play that game, there is no guarantee he starts at NDSU either.
    Most high school players think they will start right away until then realize the 4th string punter is as good of an athlete as they are. College game and high school game is like pop Warner vs High school football. Your talking 22 year old men vs high school teams that play 16 year olds.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com