Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Ronald Audette

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Ronald Audette

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Not true at all. Ask James Johanneson how that worked out. He wanted to come back but we were out of scholarships and now he's playing in Sioux hell.
    Ask Ramone Winters who decommitted. I can think of plenty examples.
    Those are two great examples. I would say it would be pretty tough to come back to ndsu a few years later and get a scholarship. Y not get another guy who has more elegibility and can develop. That's y we don't take many transfers

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Those are two great examples. I would say it would be pretty tough to come back to ndsu a few years later and get a scholarship. Y not get another guy who has more elegibility and can develop. That's y we don't take many transfers
    Depends on the situation and the need at a position. King Frazier came and he was being recruited by us before he went to Nebraska. I think that benefitted both sides. We don't take transfers because we don't need to. And obviously in the long run it's better to have guys with 4 years of eligibility.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Depends on the situation and the need at a position. King Frazier came and he was being recruited by us before he went to Nebraska. I think that benefitted both sides. We don't take transfers because we don't need to. And obviously in the long run it's better to have guys with 4 years of eligibility.
    King Frazier had 3 years of Eligibility, we had a need, and we had plenty of scholarships at the time

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Not true at all. Ask James Johanneson how that worked out. He wanted to come back but we were out of scholarships and now he's playing in Sioux hell.
    Ask Ramone Winters who decommitted. I can think of plenty examples.
    You named two.

And if he goes there and succeeds?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    You named two.

Good for him.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

NDSU doesn't play the old "Go try it somewhere else, our door is always open to you later" Crap. If Oregon St. is a better fit than best of luck to him moving forward. The Bison take a back seat to nobody in regard to O-line play because the program takes 18 years old boys and turns them into 22 year old Men. When your o-line can push Iowa all over the field the last 15 minutes of a football game, in their house, it's about more than one or two big recruits that back out.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    You named two.

I think he will succeed. The kid can play. I was responding to someone who said we would take a transfer back in a heartbeat.

Fact. We don't take many transfers unless they are 3 year players or are moving to a spot that is easier to learn. And that's assuming we have scholarships available. Probably 1 a year max . We just don't because there isn't typically enough time to learn the system. We got John Pike and Chad Wilson in 2010 coming off a bad season and Wilson ran a very similar defense. We did a grad transfer in CB Andre Martin. Jeremy Gordon At DE. Jeremy Kelly was a D2 transfer but had 3 years. Shepherd had 3 years After Omaha dropped football. King Frazier had 3 years. Darren Kelly was a juco and rarely played and got kicked off the team. We won't See Cain play a significant role until next year since WR is really hard to learn. It's the same reason we don't play many freshman.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    NDSU doesn't play the old "Go try it somewhere else, our door is always open to you later" Crap. If Oregon St. is a better fit than best of luck to him moving forward. The Bison take a back seat to nobody in regard to O-line play because the program takes 18 years old boys and turns them into 22 year old Men. When your o-line can push Iowa all over the field the last 15 minutes of a football game, in their house, it's about more than one or two big recruits that back out.
    I believe it was Wisconsin, not Oregon State, that convinced him to rescind his verbal to NDSU. Wisconsin, as I previously mentioned, is the go to place for O-Lineman.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Sounds like his situation is unique. He actually decommitted without an exact school in mind, but clearly when you decommit, you have/will get more options. Oregon State is clearly and option. Minnesota and Wisconsin would be his preference, but not an option yet. I honestly think the kid ends up in the MAC. Which seems bizarre, but honestly if the fit isn't great from his perspective, it is much better for us to know now and not down the road. Like I have said, it stinks to lose a kid like this, but we are loaded at the OG spot for a while, and it is probably the easiest position for us to recruit to. Based on our location.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Sounds like his situation is unique. He actually decommitted without an exact school in mind, but clearly when you decommit, you have/will get more options. Oregon State is clearly and option. Minnesota and Wisconsin would be his preference, but not an option yet. I honestly think the kid ends up in the MAC. Which seems bizarre, but honestly if the fit isn't great from his perspective, it is much better for us to know now and not down the road. Like I have said, it stinks to lose a kid like this, but we are loaded at the OG spot for a while, and it is probably the easiest position for us to recruit to. Based on our location.
    A MAC school? Yuck! hopefully everything works out for him, but I think it's fair to say NDSU 3 hrs from home would be a better situation than any MAC school. Again, good luck to him.