Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Ronald Audette

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Ronald Audette

I am not one to down play the loss of a significant recruit like this kid. A tremendous talent, a kid we have been on for years. A bigtime verbal. Tough loss. Nothing else we can do. He tweeted out Saturday night that all was great, cannot wait to sign. Then one phone call. Will be interesting to follow.

THe only positive for me, is this is a position of strength and depth at NDSU. We will be able to overcome. Hoping the others can stay strong and sign. The downside of having such a loaded class. They are wanted kids.

being this is the first year of this updated signing period, there will be some kids left out with some promises, that will be interesting. A lot of kids being told to wait right now.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Official now... from Twitter.

Reopening my recruitment, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity and I want to make sure I take my time and explore all my options. And I also want to thank the staff at NDSU for the great opportunity.

10:58 AM - 18 Dec 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I am not one to down play the loss of a significant recruit like this kid. A tremendous talent, a kid we have been on for years. A bigtime verbal. Tough loss. Nothing else we can do. He tweeted out Saturday night that all was great, cannot wait to sign. Then one phone call. Will be interesting to follow.

THe only positive for me, is this is a position of strength and depth at NDSU. We will be able to overcome. Hoping the others can stay strong and sign. The downside of having such a loaded class. They are wanted kids.

being this is the first year of this updated signing period, there will be some kids left out with some promises, that will be interesting. A lot of kids being told to wait right now.
    Can you elaborate a little more on what you mean by this?

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I'd guess he's referring to FBS schools not holding up their end of the bargain with some kids left in limbo. Would be a nice time to swoop in and snag a couple of them.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Going to be a lot of FBS schools telling fringe FBS/FCS talent to not sign on the 20th, we might have a spot open for you in February. This will leave many kids out in the water, as the FCS schools will recruit new kids.

Several FBS schools are trying their best to tell our recruits, and I am sure other high end FCS recruits to not sign on Wednesday. The new rules state that you can only sign 25 kids in a class. So (school X has 25 kids currently verballed...but expects to lose a couple) they advise our guys (again..for example) to not sign on Wednesday. "You are next." They are creating a plan B option. This is one of the new items that is being created when this new signing cycle.

Again, it will be a very interesting day. I really hope our kids sign EARLY that day. But, I have seen online that some kids have presentations at schools in the evening..etc. A lot to think about. Our kids are watched closely. Losing Audette just flat stinks. The amount of work, visits, etc...I would die.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Going to be a lot of FBS schools telling fringe FBS/FCS talent to not sign on the 20th, we might have a spot open for you in February. This will leave many kids out in the water, as the FCS schools will recruit new kids.
    Bait and switch. Sometimes they kids get their dream opportunity, other times the giant list of schools who recruited them suddenly spent all of their scholarship money and no longer have one or find someone they like better, or come across a player they had higher on their board. That sometimes leaves the player going with "Plan G." It's a ruthless business out there.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Fascinating stuff. It will be interesting to see how many of these kids come back to the FCS school who offered asking to get offer back (if it is even possible at that point). For example, they get a few days before final signing day with still no FBS offer and start to panic a bit.

Fascinating stuff. It will be interesting to see how many of these kids come back to the FCS school who offered asking to get offer back (if it is even possible at that point). For example, they get a few days before final signing day with still no FBS offer and start to panic a bit.
    You are assuming the FCS school still has spots and hasn't filled that position group.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    You are assuming the FCS school still has spots and hasn't filled that position group.
    Why I said "if it is even possible at that point."