Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Verbal: Ronald Audette

Default Re: 2018 Verbal: Ronald Audette

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Sounds like his situation is unique. He actually decommitted without an exact school in mind, but clearly when you decommit, you have/will get more options. Oregon State is clearly and option. Minnesota and Wisconsin would be his preference, but not an option yet. I honestly think the kid ends up in the MAC. Which seems bizarre, but honestly if the fit isn't great from his perspective, it is much better for us to know now and not down the road. Like I have said, it stinks to lose a kid like this, but we are loaded at the OG spot for a while, and it is probably the easiest position for us to recruit to. Based on our location.
    I thought someone mentioned earlier that he had verballed to Wisconsin? Is that just a rumored destination and they have just had contact and no offer?

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    I thought someone mentioned earlier that he had verballed to Wisconsin? Is that just a rumored destination and they have just had contact and no offer?
    247 shows no offer from Wis. Navy, NIU, New Mexico and Oregon St. are his FBS offers according to them.

*wagsabison beat me to it.

Their crystal ball is estimating he ends up there. He may very well end up there. If a Big Ten team loses out on a guy, I am sure he is next up. Kid is so good and can play multiple positions. Just saying that he didn't feel this was best for him. Best of luck.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Their crystal ball is estimating he ends up there. He may very well end up there. If a Big Ten team loses out on a guy, I am sure he is next up. Kid is so good and can play multiple positions. Just saying that he didn't feel this was best for him. Best of luck.
    If he doesn't get that offer are we still in the running or did that ship sail 100% when he reopened his recruitment?

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Does anyone know how it works with these kids who have a shot at FBS when they verbal to an FCS school? Do they typically tell the coaches something along the lines of "I commit unless P5 school X offers?"
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by 13>1 View Post
    Or maybe some guys choose to go to a school to be in the program, for the team name on the front of the jersey, to be a part of the university. And they’ll contribute however they can to make the team better. It’s not always about starting, it can be more than that for some young men. Good for Ronald and this opportunity. Practice hard and prepare every day like you’re one play from starting...I feel like I’ve seen a similar thing happen before somewhere else.
    You're not referring to Brent Quale ???

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    Does anyone know how it works with these kids who have a shot at FBS when they verbal to an FCS school? Do they typically tell the coaches something along the lines of "I commit unless P5 school X offers?"
    Sometimes they do and sometimes they dont. But the coaches usually know if a kid is on a FBS radar. Plus that door swings both ways. Schools have kids waiting on an offer if a kid higher up declines or decommits.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    If he doesn't get that offer are we still in the running or did that ship sail 100% when he reopened his recruitment?
    At the risk of sounding arrogant I hope not. The coaches stuck their neck out for the kid and gave him their word and I'm sure they turned away other guys (by not offering them I mean) because Ron verballed. Now he walks back on that which is his right to do until he signs his NLI but I'd rather have them give that scholly to a guy who is marginally less talented but all in on being a Bison (and there are plenty of those guys out there). Good luck to Ron... like Burgundy said better to find out now than after a redshirt year that this really isn't where he wanted to be.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    At the risk of sounding arrogant I hope not. The coaches stuck their neck out for the kid and gave him their word and I'm sure they turned away other guys (by not offering them I mean) because Ron verballed. Now he walks back on that which is his right to do until he signs his NLI but I'd rather have them give that scholly to a guy who is marginally less talented but all in on being a Bison (and there are plenty of those guys out there). Good luck to Ron... like Burgundy said better to find out now than after a redshirt year that this really isn't where he wanted to be.
    Dilly dilly!
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.