Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best QB performances in NDSU's history

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Best QB performances in NDSU's history

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Right now Stick is quietly having one of the best Bison seasons ever. His efficiency is phenomenal and of course they are destroying everyone right now. I don't see how the competition getting tougher is going to influence his game much this season. He is on a mission.

I don't expect him to have a 500 yard passing game. If he does, the train went way off the track. He is just getting the job done and doing it as good as anyone has here.
    I was going to say the same thing. I think Missouri State he had 5 incompletions and 3 of those were drops/throw aways. So he had 2 incompletions on throws he tried to complete that weren't dropped. I don't know what his stats were on Saturday against Indy St but they had to be right up there too.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Carson Wentz vs UN_ has to be up there

18-27
    262 yards
    4 TDs
    0 INT
    That was trolololol. Left that one at halftime. Did he throw after halftime?
    College of Business Alumnus

Wentz vs UNI at the Fargodome. That game made him a first round draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Right now Stick is quietly having one of the best Bison seasons ever. His efficiency is phenomenal and of course they are destroying everyone right now. I don't see how the competition getting tougher is going to influence his game much this season. He is on a mission.

I don't expect him to have a 500 yard passing game. If he does, the train went way off the track. He is just getting the job done and doing it as good as anyone has here.
    One thing that may impact him is pass blocking. There are times it seems suspect.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonlaw View Post
    i think brock at k-state has to be up there. Stats aren't crazy, 21/30 2 tds 1 int, but his command of that last drive was impeccable.
    this!!!!!!

To me it has to be Benny's performance in Vermillion in the '85 playoffs. I don't know what his stats were in that game, but who doesn't remember "the pitch?"

As a freshman at SU, I was at that game with my cousin who played for the Bison, but was out that season with a torn ACL. We sat in the middle of the SD student section. Every time we scored my cousin would stand up a yell "school song, school song," which was followed by a barrage of garbage thrown at us. It was great fun. The worst part of the day was we went back to our hotel room after the game to take a nap before we hit the bars that night. Well, we woke up the next morning, we were so exhausted after getting up at O dark thirty to get down to Vermillion by game time that we missed all of the action in Vermillion. At that time the drinking age was 18 in SD, so the bar scene in Vermillion was pretty crazy, at least that is what we were told.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    To me it has to be Benny's performance in Vermillion in the '85 playoffs. I don't know what his stats were in that game, but who doesn't remember "the pitch?"

As a freshman at SU, I was at that game with my cousin who played for the Bison, but was out that season with a torn ACL. We sat in the middle of the SD student section. Every time we scored my cousin would stand up a yell "school song, school song," which was followed by a barrage of garbage thrown at us. It was great fun. The worst part of the day was we went back to our hotel room after the game to take a nap before we hit the bars that night. Well, we woke up the next morning, we were so exhausted after getting up at O dark thirty to get down to Vermillion by game time that we missed all of the action in Vermillion. At that time the drinking age was 18 in SD, so the bar scene in Vermillion was pretty crazy, at least that is what we were told.
    Funny you mention the pitch. I was at a local beverage retailer today wearing my ndsu sweatshirt. The clerk asked me if I went there cuz he played with Bentrim in High School, and asked if I had heard of him. LOL.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post

I had moved to Sioux Falls that summer and didn't want to miss a chance to see the Bison rumble. Great game. Great team. Great memory. Crappy dome.

Maybe a little off topic, but I've been wondering... doesn't Stick technically have a chance to beat Jensen's win record? Assuming we make a run in the playoffs this year and next? I don't know exactly what Stick's record is right now, but I think with something like a possible 24-ish games remaining, he'll have to be close if he were to win them all.

He's got a shot I believe but he's got virtually no margin for error. I believe Brock was given credit for 5 wins his freshman year in 2010 whereas Easton won 8 as a freshman in 2015 so he was +3 there. As sophs Brock won 14 and Easton won 12 so he was only +1 on Brock after that. Brock won 14 as a junior and 15 as a senior to get to 48 total so Easton needs 28 wins these last two years to tie or 29 (or more) to break it. So he needs to win two titles these last two years and lose only one game in the process (same as Brock did) to break it. And avoid injury if course.