I was listening to ESPNU on the radio this morning and they were talking about some QB for, I believe, a PAC 12 team who had "possibly the best performance by a college QB in history." I was kind of expecting that he had passed for 700 yards and 10 TDs (we are talking about the PAC 12, after all), but they said he went 11-12 for a little over 100 yards and 1 TD, but he rushed for four TDs.

That got me thinking... I mean, Kevin Feeney went for 10-11 and rushed for four TDs (27 rushes, 135 yards) in a playoff game... and Simdorn ran for two TDs and 145 yards on 16 carries plus he passed for 3 TDs (average almost 45 yards per completion on 4-8 passing) in the 1990 championship game. And those are two I could think of just off the top of my head (had to look up the stats though.)

Bison fans have been pretty dang spoiled for QBs - that might explain why we aren't more amazed at what Easton Stick is doing because he looked like Steve Walker out in Terre Haute. Of course, we are probably being cautious for two other reasons too: First, NDSU hasn't faced the league's top defenses yet and, second, we don't want to jinx him, but still*.

* I was listening to the Bison1660 Coach Klieman show, and Culhane just brought up the jinx angle!