Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best QB performances in NDSU's history

Default Best QB performances in NDSU's history

I was listening to ESPNU on the radio this morning and they were talking about some QB for, I believe, a PAC 12 team who had "possibly the best performance by a college QB in history." I was kind of expecting that he had passed for 700 yards and 10 TDs (we are talking about the PAC 12, after all), but they said he went 11-12 for a little over 100 yards and 1 TD, but he rushed for four TDs.

That got me thinking... I mean, Kevin Feeney went for 10-11 and rushed for four TDs (27 rushes, 135 yards) in a playoff game... and Simdorn ran for two TDs and 145 yards on 16 carries plus he passed for 3 TDs (average almost 45 yards per completion on 4-8 passing) in the 1990 championship game. And those are two I could think of just off the top of my head (had to look up the stats though.)

Bison fans have been pretty dang spoiled for QBs - that might explain why we aren't more amazed at what Easton Stick is doing because he looked like Steve Walker out in Terre Haute. Of course, we are probably being cautious for two other reasons too: First, NDSU hasn't faced the league's top defenses yet and, second, we don't want to jinx him, but still*.

* I was listening to the Bison1660 Coach Klieman show, and Culhane just brought up the jinx angle!

Default Re: Best QB performances in NDSU's history

I think one of the best pure passing performances by an NDSU QB in recent memory that doesn't get put up there with Walker's and Wentz's classic games was Brock Jensen in 2011 vs UNI. I've always pointed to that game as when the Fargodome crowd's testicles dropped and the turning point of NDSU's transformation into a dynasty but in that game Jensen went 22-25 for 204 yards and a TD. That was a pretty darn good UNI defense also.

Carson Wentz vs UN_ has to be up there

18-27
    262 yards
    4 TDs
    0 INT

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

My most memorbable game and one that will stand with me forever was 9/17/2007. Walker led us on a game winning drive aganist Sam Houston State in the Fargodome. That drive lasted just 19 seconds (3 plays - 54 yards) after SHSU scored the go ahead touchdown. Good guys won 41-38. Also that was when Rhett Bomar was QB at SHSU. Best Dual of QBs I will ever remember.
    QB stats in that game:
    Bomar finished the night 36-of -61 passing for 358 yards and four touchdowns. He added 103 yards on the ground.
    Walker finished the night 18-of-26 for 295 yards and five touchdowns.
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'll never forget Steve Walker's game in 2006 against Ball State! 29-46 451 yards 3 td's. I believe it was our first FBS win.

Brock Jensen flu game against Georgia Southern.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think Brock at K-State has to be up there. Stats aren't crazy, 21/30 2 TDs 1 Int, but his command of that last drive was impeccable.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    I'll never forget Steve Walker's game in 2006 against Ball State! 29-46 451 yards 3 td's. I believe it was our first FBS win.
    I forgot about that one... Totally epic

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wentz against Illinois State. When it had to happen, he made it happen.

Right now Stick is quietly having one of the best Bison seasons ever. His efficiency is phenomenal and of course they are destroying everyone right now. I don't see how the competition getting tougher is going to influence his game much this season. He is on a mission.

I don't expect him to have a 500 yard passing game. If he does, the train went way off the track. He is just getting the job done and doing it as good as anyone has here.