Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 Depth Chart

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017-2018 Depth Chart

Our RECRUITING class as of now----might have two starters in it.

The film that I've watched on Vinnie Shahid shows more explosion with the basketball and shooting ability than a BISON PG in some time.

Also Jarius Cook is being pumped up to be a player to IMPACT the PROGRAM--I'd assume he'd have a shot at starting early too.

Tyson Ward improve his outside jumpshot and he is a solid 3
    Deng Geu improve strength and pay attention to scouting reports and want to play defense...athletic 4
    Rockey Kreuser at C---improve strength--give both Geu and Kreuser touches in post FIRST---than let step out
    BU PG Cameron Hunter/Jake Mertens/Nnamdi Van Dulm
    BU SG Jared Samuelson/Chris Quayle/Jason Knotek
    BU SF Tyree Eady--might have to play some 4 too/
    BU PF Dylan Miller work on confidence and WANT to
    BU C Jordan Meidinger--improve strength and weight to battle inside

I believe this team will be better---guys need to step up but KEY is better CHEMISTRY and ATTITUDE

LOSING Spencer Elliason---need either a longer 3 6'6-6'7 or a 4 6'7-6'9 to grab some 3/4/5 minutes or should say depth---

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Our RECRUITING class as of now----might have two starters in it.

The film that I've watched on Vinnie Shahid shows more explosion with the basketball and shooting ability than a BISON PG in some time.

Also Jarius Cook is being pumped up to be a player to IMPACT the PROGRAM--I'd assume he'd have a shot at starting early too.

Tyson Ward improve his outside jumpshot and he is a solid 3
    Deng Geu improve strength and pay attention to scouting reports and want to play defense...athletic 4
    Rockey Kreuser at C---improve strength--give both Geu and Kreuser touches in post FIRST---than let step out
    BU PG Cameron Hunter/Jake Mertens/Nnamdi Van Dulm
    BU SG Jared Samuelson/Chris Quayle/Jason Knotek
    BU SF Tyree Eady--might have to play some 4 too/
    BU PF Dylan Miller work on confidence and WANT to
    BU C Jordan Meidinger--improve strength and weight to battle inside

I believe this team will be better---guys need to step up but KEY is better CHEMISTRY and ATTITUDE

LOSING Spencer Elliason---need either a longer 3 6'6-6'7 or a 4 6'7-6'9 to grab some 3/4/5 minutes or should say depth---
    I agree with some of this, other parts not so much. I think Cam has earned the starting PG spot and won't lose it to a JUCO player, I do think the minutes will be split fairly evenly but it'll be great to have 2 options there. If Cook comes in and is everything he's advertised to be he'll have a shot to start right away but Dave doesn't like to start freshman at the beginning of the year (see Cam Hunter) so he'll have to earn that spot once play starts. Come conference play here's how I see things going:
    PG - Cam (Shahid)
    SG - Cook (Samuelson, Quayle)
    SF - Ward (Eady)
    PF - Geu (Rocky, Eady)
    C - Rocky (Miller, Meidinger)

I think we need to get out and pick up a JUCO center as I don't think Meidinger will be quite ready to play significant minutes next year as he'll be coming back from the micro-fracture surgery and Rocky's skill set is better suited to play the 4. Don't get me wrong he can play the 5 but without another true 4 on the roster it'd be nice for him to spell Geu and not have to have us rely on Miller for significant minutes. We can get by without one but a physical presence to play d, protect the rim and rebound for us would help the rotation a lot I think.

All that being said I haven't given up hope on this year yet, I do believe we still have the talent to make the Summit League Championship game and once you get there anything can happen. I want to go dancin this year not look to next!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I agree with some of this, other parts not so much. I think Cam has earned the starting PG spot and won't lose it to a JUCO player, I do think the minutes will be split fairly evenly but it'll be great to have 2 options there. If Cook comes in and is everything he's advertised to be he'll have a shot to start right away but Dave doesn't like to start freshman at the beginning of the year (see Cam Hunter) so he'll have to earn that spot once play starts. Come conference play here's how I see things going:
    PG - Cam (Shahid)
    SF - Ward (Eady)
    PF - Geu (Rocky, Eady)

I think we need to get out and pick up a JUCO center as I don't think Meidinger will be quite ready to play significant minutes next year as he'll be coming back from the micro-fracture surgery and Rocky's skill set is better suited to play the 4. Don't get me wrong he can play the 5 but without another true 4 on the roster it'd be nice for him to spell Geu and not have to have us rely on Miller for significant minutes. We can get by without one but a physical presence to play d, protect the rim and rebound for us would help the rotation a lot I think.

All that being said I haven't given up hope on this year yet, I do believe we still have the talent to make the Summit League Championship game and once you get there anything can happen. I want to go dancin this year not look to next!
    right there with u 08...could care less about next year...the time is now...even with the crap basketball bleed shot clock chuck 3s this team is not far away from making noise...first of all u sit AJs ass on the bench if hes really that banged up give him a few dental books 2 study and best case scenario deng gue knocks somebodys teeth out in the post and he gets a sneak peak at his future profession...its fine you can play that chuck and duck 3 pt weave bs but as soon as you hit 2 or 3 possions without a score its automatic feed deng gue or feed t ward time ..u look back at that at that jacks game it was pathetic u get gue in the post twice early he dominates then he doesnt touch the ball again until halfway thru the 2nd half! same with t ward look like tayshain prince with his back 2 the basket un-stoppable jump hook one time and havent seen it since! whats it been 5 games ago? 2-3 possions of slop = automatic post up with gue or ward no questions asked 4 as long as it takes 2 get a couple buckets...and as far as attitude or "chemistry" go whoever it is send there ass to wahpeton throw em in stus dog house its tourney time baby theres no more time 4 that BS

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    PG - Cam (Shahid)
    SF - Ward (Eady)
    PF - Geu (Rocky, Eady)

Yeah, we need a JUCO or some other kind of transfer to provide some kind of toughness in the paint. We also need consistency from Cam, Ward and Gue.

Really hope Ward can finish on a strong note, I hope Dave keeps starting him and challenges him to take on a bigger role. As for Cook, I'm guessing what happens with him will depend on his defense and how quickly he can get up to speed. Richman puts so much emphasis on that side of the ball, if a player is going to get a big role early they will probably need to show that they can carry their weight defensively.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

For our bigs to have presence down low...... we need to let them play down low and stop this love affair with them Setting screens 20ft from the bucket

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    For our bigs to have presence down low...... we need to let them play down low and stop this love affair with them Setting screens 20ft from the bucket
    You’re kinda for the first time questioning the overall integrity of the MBB program. I like that.

And I’ll say this ... if the collective intelligence of BV is questioning that, which it is, there is a very good chance of some accuracy.

Just sayin’!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Yeahhhh....I've been saying this for pretty much the entire season....hell any recruit that watches an NDSU game will see Spencer catching a pass 3 feet behind the 3pt line and turning and passing it off and then going and setting a screen still above the 3pt line and think to themselves that sure looks like a shitty offense for me to want to play in.

It would make sense if we could get to the rim with others. Get the 5 out of the way and pull out his defender who can guard the rim. Unfortunately I don't think we could drive a Mack truck to the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    right there with u 08...could care less about next year...the time is now...even with the crap basketball bleed shot clock chuck 3s this team is not far away from making noise...first of all u sit AJs ass on the bench if hes really that banged up give him a few dental books 2 study and best case scenario deng gue knocks somebodys teeth out in the post and he gets a sneak peak at his future profession...its fine you can play that chuck and duck 3 pt weave bs but as soon as you hit 2 or 3 possions without a score its automatic feed deng gue or feed t ward time ..u look back at that at that jacks game it was pathetic u get gue in the post twice early he dominates then he doesnt touch the ball again until halfway thru the 2nd half! same with t ward look like tayshain prince with his back 2 the basket un-stoppable jump hook one time and havent seen it since! whats it been 5 games ago? 2-3 possions of slop = automatic post up with gue or ward no questions asked 4 as long as it takes 2 get a couple buckets...and as far as attitude or "chemistry" go whoever it is send there ass to wahpeton throw em in stus dog house its tourney time baby theres no more time 4 that BS
    Slick = truth + style. He is the mutha effin Bobby Bowden of Bisonville.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    It would make sense if we could get to the rim with others. Get the 5 out of the way and pull out his defender who can guard the rim. Unfortunately I don't think we could drive a Mack truck to the rim.
    Yeah, that only works if our 5 is a threat to shoot at that range. Hence why Rocky needs to play more if we are going to play that style. Look at how SDSU and UND defended us. Just stuck their 5 in the pant and literally waited. Instant double team any time someone tried to go to the hoop. Then we go small ball and AJ has their 5 on him and he passes. Constantly. It's like man, I could take this guy to the hoop and I haven't laced them up in about 15 years.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.