Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Game 6 Preview: Youngstown State

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 Game 6 Preview: Youngstown State

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    How many times have we heard that before?
    Our last visit to Y-town they ran for 245 against us. We gave up an average of 104ypg in Valley play that season. We scored the winning TD with 35 seconds left after trailing the entire game.

Looking forward yet again to this contest. Love what NDSU has done for our league and for FCS football altogether. Hoping some of you will make the trip out to Youngstown for this one. Weather looks great Saturday with a high near 80 under sunny skies.

Hoping for an exciting top ten matchup like the past two weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Our last visit to Y-town they ran for 245 against us. We gave up an average of 104ypg in Valley play that season. We scored the winning TD with 35 seconds left after trailing the entire game.
    How good of team was NDSU then compared to now? Also, compare that YSU team with their current team.

I expect nothing but a Bison victory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    How good of team was NDSU then compared to now? Also, compare that YSU team with their current team.

Agree, not as close as some may think. Youngstown St. may get 150 yds rushing but so will you. Passing game is yours, you win by 2 TD's.
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]

Yeah, but YSU is a very good football team. Good teams generally don't loose two in a row. They run hard and have a very physical rushing attack. We need to tackle way better than we did last weekend, or they will break a lot of long runs that may go for scores.

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    He should have been a drama teacher..

"Romeiro, Romeiro... where for art thou Romeiro?

Get your G#@ D$%$# A!# and get into the f#$%$%% game, Romeiro! If your head gigantic head wasn't crammed into that s#$%show of a helmet, you would f#$#ing forget it! Carl, did you recruit this moron!?? F@#k me with a broom handle sideways!!"

-Pelini does Shakespeare In The Park

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Yeah, but YSU is a very good football team. Good teams generally don't loose two in a row. They run hard and have a very physical rushing attack. We need to tackle way better than we did last weekend, or they will break a lot of long runs that may go for scores.
    After listening to Wimbush’s postgame comments, I expect a very good tackling day.

After reading the comments the past two weeks against MVFC competition, anyone who didn’t know the results of those games might be surprised how badly NDSU beat their opponents. Some of the comments are so bad, an unknowing person might think the Bison lost and are the most incompetent team in the FCS.

YSU is a “decent” team and far from great. They are one-dimensional for crying out loud.

The game from two years ago, where Stick was fairly new, was the closest game between the two since they beat the Bison at the FargoDome in 2011. Everything else has been a blowout since then.

Hail the BISON!!!

I expect nothing but a Bison

That was two years ago, we won the Natty, they just missed the playoffs. I have seen Y-town multiple times this year. They will easily be the most physical team we have played thus far. That being said, we have looked very good so far this year, but really haven't had any competitive opponents except maybe EWU. If we win handily, yup, we are good!

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    They aren't "very good". They got exposed this past weekend. SDSU got exposed the weekend before.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    They aren't "very good". They got exposed this past weekend. SDSU got exposed the weekend before.
    I would somewhat agree with the Jacks being exposed. Hell, the Montana State game showed that. They are not as good as the pre season hype. Youngstown, not very good, after losing a tight game on the road against another good team. No, they are good. I think we are better offensively but don't kid yourself, Youngstown is a good physical team....if I had to bet I would definitely take the Bison but I would also be nervous about the bet!