Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Game 6 Preview: Youngstown State

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 Game 6 Preview: Youngstown State

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Well, I wonder how much of his imprecision was due to the pressure the Yotes put on him. What did they have, six sacks on him and a ton of hurries. The Bison miss Menard terribly, in my opinion. As I look at the overall statistics the Bison have a grand total of 10 sacks, half by the DL. Maybe I am misreading the stats but after watching all of the games the pass rush is weak, perhaps the only Achilles heal. If you have to blitz a CB like they did in the ISUb game, I think that maybe a sign of desperation. Hope I am wrong.
    For what it's worth, he didn't look great against SDSU and their defense isn't exactly the '85 Bears.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Penguins can't pass. Bison roll them and Pelini goes nuts again.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

I’m predicting NDSU wins by double-digit figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Well, I wonder how much of his imprecision was due to the pressure the Yotes put on him. What did they have, six sacks on him and a ton of hurries. The Bison miss Menard terribly, in my opinion. As I look at the overall statistics the Bison have a grand total of 10 sacks, half by the DL. Maybe I am misreading the stats but after watching all of the games the pass rush is weak, perhaps the only Achilles heal. If you have to blitz a CB like they did in the ISUb game, I think that maybe a sign of desperation. Hope I am wrong.
    Nope, the guy missed wide opening guys in the flat and many of his throws over the middle were at the receivers feet. That being said, YSU is going to be a tough game IMO. They are the one team we play this year that could beat us with their run game. Last time we were in Y-town they badly out rushed us. Defensively, their secondary looked great against the Jacks but struggled against the Yotes.

No way they run the ball for over 100 yds against us imho. Healthy #99 and #49 plus solid play by everyone else and no legit passing threat equal another dominant victory.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I’m predicting NDSU wins by double-digit figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If we can hold their Rushing attack
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    If we can hold their Rushing attack
    How many times have we heard that before?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Glad we're on to a more competitive schedule. The valley games from here on out all look awesome. We look to be about a 6 pt. favorite over YSU; should be a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Going to be a slobber knocker. Can't wait for a "Bo knows meltdowns" moment.
    He should have been a drama teacher..

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Penguins can't pass. Bison roll them and Pelini goes nuts again.

I'm looking forward to a few flags thrown his way.