Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Game 6 Preview: Youngstown State

Default 2017 Game 6 Preview: Youngstown State

Big challenges on both sides of the line:

YSU is rushing for 268 ypg and only giving up 124.

They probably still put their DBs on islands so Shepherd needs a big game.

Looks very even across the board, but, of course, YSU is at home and NDSU's passing game has been better.
    Last edited by tony; 10-08-2017 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Fixed ypg

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017 Game 6 Preview: Youngstown State

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Big challenges on both sides of the line:

YSU is rushing for 268 ypg and only giving up 34.
    They probably still put their DBs on islands so Shepherd needs a big game.

Looks very even across the board, but, of course, YSU is at home and NDSU's passing game has been better.
    If the Guins have an Achilles heel it's ther passing game. Their QB does not throw a good ball. He had a half dozen or so poor throws against the Yotes. Other than that they are a damn good football team. Shit gets real next week in Y-town!

Going to be a slobber knocker. Can't wait for a "Bo knows meltdowns" moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Going to be a slobber knocker. Can't wait for a "Bo knows meltdowns" moment.
    Agreed... I anticipate a "chess match" similar to what we have seen in the past with UNI

We have great balance on offense...and a defense that really hasn't been tested yet.

It'll be a tough game...but we'll come out ahead by a touchdown or two.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    We have great balance on offense...and a defense that really hasn't been tested yet.

It'll be a tough game...but we'll come out ahead by a touchdown or two.
    I'm leaning towards this too. I don't care what our competition has been, we have played with a killer instinct I didn't see last year.

YSU is still thinking because they made the final last year and we didn't, that means something. Forget how we undressed them in the regular season.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I saw the 2nd half of YSU vs Coyotes game yesterday. YSU receivers dropped lot of catchable passes. Their running game was sharp and crisp. That RB is small and shifty he can turn and run in a second.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

If YSU had beat the Yotes, I would feel better about this game. Now YSU has a little extra motivation and we haven't played anyone yet. Also, our tackling has been atrocious. If we don't tackle better YSU could easily run all over us.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If NDSU can tackle next week I could see it being a 3 score game. YSU is very one dimensional on offense. Their defense is good as long as they can stay rested. So if the Bison can stay balanced and sustain a few drives, win the TOP battle they will win. Probably easier said than done but from what I've seen that is the blueprint for beating them.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    If the Guins have an Achilles heel it's ther passing game. Their QB does not throw a good ball. He had a half dozen or so poor throws against the Yotes. Other than that they are a damn good football team. Shit gets real next week in Y-town!
    Well, I wonder how much of his imprecision was due to the pressure the Yotes put on him. What did they have, six sacks on him and a ton of hurries. The Bison miss Menard terribly, in my opinion. As I look at the overall statistics the Bison have a grand total of 10 sacks, half by the DL. Maybe I am misreading the stats but after watching all of the games the pass rush is weak, perhaps the only Achilles heal. If you have to blitz a CB like they did in the ISUb game, I think that maybe a sign of desperation. Hope I am wrong.