Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Game 6 Preview: Youngstown State

Default Re: 2017 Game 6 Preview: Youngstown State

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Funny story about Youngstown. My wife applied for a job out there last year. I realized I could buy a house there for almost nothing.

End sell it for even less 20 years from now!
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    End sell it for even less 20 years from now!
    I went back to confirm. There are only 7 houses within the city limits that are selling for more than 150k.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We haven't really played any team with a pulse yet. EWU is just now starting to gel offensively. YSU will be the best team we have played and it's not even close. Looking like it'll be a slug fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    We haven't really played any team with a pulse yet. EWU is just now starting to gel offensively. YSU will be the best team we have played and it's not even close. Looking like it'll be a slug fest.
    EWU put up 650 yards and 56 points the week after playing NDSU. Since the NDSU game their offensive lows are 41 points and 501 yards. Their offense has been fine, they just haven't seen a defense anything near NDSU's since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    EWU put up 650 yards and 56 points the week after playing NDSU. Since the NDSU game their offensive lows are 41 points and 501 yards. Their offense has been fine, they just haven't seen a defense anything near NDSU's since then.
    Gubrud missed some throws and their WR's had some drops against us so I still don't think they were fine at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Gubrud missed some throws and their WR's had some drops against us so I still don't think they were fine at that point.
    that seems to be a theme among teams playing us this year.

I wonder if there's a commonality anywhere.......
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm going to be in the Cities this weekend (Woodbury) and am looking for a place to watch the game. The closest official Alumni watch party to our hotel is Roseville, which isn't all that close. Does anyone know of other places in the east suburbs that show Bison games?
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    I'm going to be in the Cities this weekend (Woodbury) and am looking for a place to watch the game. The closest official Alumni watch party to our hotel is Roseville, which isn't all that close. Does anyone know of other places in the east suburbs that show Bison games?
    I would think any sports bar in town would be able to find it.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Hello everyone. Looking forward to the game. Yes we are limited with our back up quarterback. However, USD had to put 9 in the box and sometimes all 11 to stop the run. Play calling was not very good considering the injury circumstances. We've played 2 very physical games. While we beat SDSU the win came with some significant costs in terms of injuries. Game planning was poor against USD and our back up qb is dealing with injury as well. I don't care about the outcome because the back half of the schedule should be easier for us. Unfortunately the playoff selection committee doesn't consider the back to back to back weeks we've played against top 10 teams. It takes a toll. They only care about the result. I hope we are competitive against your team which is the FCS measuring stick. Hope it is close and good. Tons of respect on the YSU side.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by penguinpower View Post
    Hello everyone. Looking forward to the game. Yes we are limited with our back up quarterback. However, USD had to put 9 in the box and sometimes all 11 to stop the run. Play calling was not very good considering the injury circumstances. We've played 2 very physical games. While we beat SDSU the win came with some significant costs in terms of injuries. Game planning was poor against USD and our back up qb is dealing with injury as well. I don't care about the outcome because the back half of the schedule should be easier for us. Unfortunately the playoff selection committee doesn't consider the back to back to back weeks we've played against top 10 teams. It takes a toll. They only care about the result. I hope we are competitive against your team which is the FCS measuring stick. Hope it is close and good. Tons of respect on the YSU side.
    Looking forward to the test of our defensive line. We have good depth, but not sure how good they are yet. This is the week to find out.