Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Indiana State

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Indiana State

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    It's called little dick syndrome. There were a few Richmond fans with similar diagnoses, especially in reference to the $$$ part.
    Richmond has had quite a lot more, and more recent success than the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    So we have an actual Sycamore troll?

Btw, the wage thing is hilarious..lol good smack
    I didn't even know they had many fans much less message board trolls. Had to rep the guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I didn't even know they had many fans much less message board trolls. Had to rep the guy!
    If you want to become an elite FCS program, it all starts with having a strong trolling presence online. The team is bound to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post

Ugliest stadium in the Valley, goes well with your football stadium. Im sure all other Valley members are thrilled youre apart of the conference since your teams are basically worthless in everything since Larry Bird.

Not as many seats as your shit basketball arena. But at least its all brand new. and the team has won a NCAA tournament game this decade.
    This Sycamoretuff dude is clearly trolling you guys (coming from another ISUb fan), but you really can't possibly believe that your basketball arena is better than ours. It can't be that hard to have all new stuff in your arena when all you have to do is order some new retractable bleachers, plus your arena is pretty small.

We also have plans in the very near future to spend 50 million dollars upgrading our facility. The yellow and orange seats in the upper level are going to be replaced with blue seats and they are wanting to add luxury boxes and install new lighting etc.

Our football stadium sucks. It's not on campus and just has seats on one side. No one can argue that our football stadium is better than yours because it's not even close.

The biggest thing NDSU has going for them in football is that you don't have Big Ten schools all around you, so recruiting is easier for you guys in a way. Like with us we have IU, Purdue, Ball State, and Illinois all in our general area. Then people in Terre Haute care more about IU and Purdue than they do ISU and both schools are only an hour and a half from Terre Haute. For you guys its a 3.5 hr drive to the U of Minnesota and with them generally being terrible and NDSU being really good it's a pretty easy choice for most people I think. The environment at the Fargodome has to be really fun to be at. Sitting at a half empty stadium in Terre Haute getting beat by everyone isn't that great for most people.

I just wish in football we could consistently win around 5-7 games each year. I'm also tired of us losing our coach every 3 years and then winning 0-1 games in the new coach's first season. I think we'll be better next year, but this year has definitely been frustrating.

As far as NDSU joing the MVC, I think you guys would be a great add (along with SDSU), but with Murray State begging to get in adding NDSU just doesn't make much sense. Murray State has been traditionally pretty good at basketball and with them having football it makes more sense to add someone that is more in our region than to do clear up to the Dakotas. Since the MVC wants to go to 12 though I'm not sure who the best #12 option would be. Oral Roberts makes the most sense to me even if they have struggled the past couple of years. Although I'm sure most of you don't really care about the MVC's issues.

Quote Originally Posted by mvfcfan View Post
    This Sycamoretuff dude is clearly trolling you guys (coming from another ISUb fan), but you really can't possibly believe that your basketball arena is better than ours. It can't be that hard to have all new stuff in your arena when all you have to do is order some new retractable bleachers, plus your arena is pretty small.

We also have plans in the very near future to spend 50 million dollars upgrading our facility. The yellow and orange seats in the upper level are going to be replaced with blue seats and they are wanting to add luxury boxes and install new lighting etc.

Our football stadium sucks. It's not on campus and just has seats on one side. No one can argue that our football stadium is better than yours because it's not even close.

The biggest thing NDSU has going for them in football is that you don't have Big Ten schools all around you, so recruiting is easier for you guys in a way. Like with us we have IU, Purdue, Ball State, and Illinois all in our general area. Then people in Terre Haute care more about IU and Purdue than they do ISU and both schools are only an hour and a half from Terre Haute. For you guys its a 3.5 hr drive to the U of Minnesota and with them generally being terrible and NDSU being really good it's a pretty easy choice for most people I think. The environment at the Fargodome has to be really fun to be at. Sitting at a half empty stadium in Terre Haute getting beat by everyone isn't that great for most people.

I just wish in football we could consistently win around 5-7 games each year. I'm also tired of us losing our coach every 3 years and then winning 0-1 games in the new coach's first season. I think we'll be better next year, but this year has definitely been frustrating.

As far as NDSU joing the MVC, I think you guys would be a great add (along with SDSU), but with Murray State begging to get in adding NDSU just doesn't make much sense. Murray State has been traditionally pretty good at basketball and with them having football it makes more sense to add someone that is more in our region than to do clear up to the Dakotas. Since the MVC wants to go to 12 though I'm not sure who the best #12 option would be. Oral Roberts makes the most sense to me even if they have struggled the past couple of years. Although I'm sure most of you don't really care about the MVC's issues.
    Like I said, it's good you got into the MVC 40 years ago.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

all NDSU did was order some retractable bleachers? Lmao ok. New seats(leather, logo embroided seats), new video board, new court, new lights, entirely new outside, new concourse, new lobby, new everything.

I said it was smaller, yours is still an ugly eye sore, and your team is still not as good as NDSUs...and I thought NDSU sucked last year.

That looks like the Minot State Dome

Quote Originally Posted by mvfcfan View Post

So ISU is recruiting Big Ten kids? And you are correct the MVC has issues, they going backwards thinking small, Murray st is not that good of an addition and neither was Valpo
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    yours is still an ugly eye sore, and your team is still not as good as NDSUs...and I thought NDSU sucked last year.
    This. For a basketball school, they're not very good at basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    This. For a basketball school, they're not very good at basketball.
    That's what I kept saying "oh, they're a basketball school"

but are they?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯