Thread: October Coaches Update

Default October Coaches Update

Hello everyone,

Wanted to check in with everyone once again this month before you guys start seeing our newsletters for this 2017-2018 season that will provide you with plenty of updates, info, special events, and weekend recaps.

First, It is exciting that we are only a few days away from the official start of season on Oct. 10th. As a team, we had a great pre season and spent most of our efforts getting in great shape and sharpening technique. Our guys have been hard at work and they spent this week getting refreshed so that we can be ready to hit it hard next week as we prepare for our road opener against Iowa and UNI. Talk about getting things started off with a bang!! With that being said, we have a great schedule both home and away so make sure you guys purchase your season tickets and follow us on the road as we appreciate your guys continued support. We are looking to again continue to evolve and add new and exciting things for you guys so be on the lookout for that in the news letters as well as our social media.

Second, as many of you may have seen, we have been hitting the recruiting trail hard and those efforts are really paying off for us now both with the class of 2018 and class of 2019 and that is extremely exciting for us!! Stay tuned! Things are moving in the right direction and recruits as well as their families are really starting to take notice.

Last, any questions about our club membership, donations to the Bison Wrestling Club, alumni events, or just simply how to be involved make sure that you get in contact with Nick Magee who has done a great job helping this program. If you need his info, shoot me an email: jarrod.garnett@ndsu.edu
    thanks and GO BISON!!

Default Re: October Coaches Update

For those of you that follow either myself or the NDSU Wrestling twitter account, keep a lookout tomorrow. We are letting you guys help us decide what our new singlets will be this year. As we continue to work on branding, we are updating our singlets to be more in line with being a Nike University. We will still use the ones from previous seasons occasionally. I am sure you will love the designs that we came up with. Go Bison.

That’s very exciting. Can you also update us on fan gear and when we can purchase it? Thanks for everything you do for all of our Boys Coach. I’m sure you enjoyed the First day of practice yesterday. See you next month at the Bison open.

Exciting indeed. We will be trying something different this year as we are working on getting an online store set up for fans and supporters to get gear this season. That should be a little easier and more efficient and you can get it shipped directly to you. We will post an update about that on here as well.

That’s a great idea Coach. Now I can buy wrestling gear for all of my family. Thanks for the quick response Coach.

Just wanted to shoot everyone a quick update about the gear. We just confirmed our team store today. We are working on getting the designs and which items will be offered together right now. Our goal is to have it go active on Nov. 1st! Once it opens, it will remain open for 3 weeks. We will have a link that we will put on here, on our social media, as well as the news letter, and email list. Once the store closes they have about a 3 week turnaround time for productions and the items should arrive to you mid December which will be just in time to include any Holiday gifts as well. So make sure to keep a lookout for that link and get on within the 3 week time span to get all you NDSU Bison gear!

Also, you can now head over to the NDSU wrestling website and check out the updated 2017-2018 roster which includes all of our new faces to the program!

Thanks for the info Coach. We’re looking forward to purchasing plenty of the new gear. Lol. Have a great day.