Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tailgating Canopy

Default Re: Tailgating Canopy

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Last week was the first week we've ever had issues with ours. We have cement buckets for the corners, so we ended up using those. Putting it right next to the bus made it worse as it funneled over and then right into the top. No regrets.
    we were also on the southern most edge of the lot with a solid south wind pounding us all day. also more pressure than usual when theres a $300,000 semi motor home next to our $300 bus that we were trying to prevent the canopy from flying into

cement blocks are a necessary for any canopy

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    We have this. Heavy duty. Expensive but worth it.

https://www.impactcanopy.com/
    L
    How much personalizing can be done to make these NDSU centric? What size do you suggest?

Our current canopy gets leaks underneath the sides when windy. Worried about playoffs and keeping it warm and not flying away or damaged if we get wind like the day before last tailgate. Any suggestions for holding down sides? Do some canopies get custom ordered with longer sidewalls for some extra room to weigh them down or strap them down? Appreciate it.

get some cheap green buckets and concrete at menards and fill those up. we have about 6 or 7 in our bus ready for an F5 tornado

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Our current canopy gets leaks underneath the sides when windy. Worried about playoffs and keeping it warm and not flying away or damaged if we get wind like the day before last tailgate. Any suggestions for holding down sides? Do some canopies get custom ordered with longer sidewalls for some extra room to weigh them down or strap them down? Appreciate it.
    We made buckets with cement in them to put our posts in and we use them to weigh down the sides. We also have beanbag chairs we use in a similar manner, just to kind of prevent the sides from moving. A little air doesn't really change it much, just as long as it's not flapping.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    We used white pvc plumbing pipes with sand in them. Velcro strips on bottom of sides. Lay them on ground and wrap the Velcro around. Keeps your sides ,tight and not flying up or flapping
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Our sidewalls were also too short so we got extensions sewn on them at TRS industries. They also sewed a "pocket" along the very bottom so we could thread a pipe through them. The pipe itself isnt heavy enough to weigh down the sidewall but after putting weight on the ends of each pipe it works great to seal up the tent.

It ended up costing a bit more for the extensions and pocket to be sewn into the sidewalls than the sidewalls originally cost but it was worth it IMO.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I can always count on your tailgate threads to be interesting and informative. This one certainly came through. PVC pipes velcroed to the bottom of tent flaps. That idea alone was worth my annual membership fee.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

We used to drive trucks up on feet we extended from the tent sides back when we tailgated with trucks. Now we use pretty heavy cement blocks that were formed in buckets then painted. We solved (mostly) the draft issue by getting zippers sewn into all our tent sides. Really helps keep the sides tight so they don't ride up. The PVC pipe trick works too.

I have a 10 x 15, green and yellow canopy to give away. Just the canopy...the sidewalls are shot, and the frame is all busted up. The canopy is in very good condition. If anyone wants it, PM me soon, otherwise it is going on the street tomorrow night for clean up week.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.