Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tailgating Canopy

Default Tailgating Canopy

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a larger canopy for tailgating. Probably about 10x20. I have seen some really nice Bison ones around the lots. I am wondering if you guys have any recommendations on what types, where to buy and approximate prices. I recently had tentcraft.com give me a quote for an alumuminum 10x20 with detatchable side walls and the quote came back at nearly $9,000! and I didn't put an extra zero in there by accident. Surely there are more affordable alternatives out there.

I am anxiously waiting to hear your suggestions as I would like to get something before the next home game on 10/21.

Thanks,

Brad

Default Re: Tailgating Canopy

Delta Canopy. Like $279, green and yellow with side walls. Easy up. Replaceable parts. Can get them on Amazon or direct. If you want it expedited, do it direct.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

We have 2 of these

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0043...y+green+yellow

Easy to set up. We watched a tailgate last week spend 30-40min setting up an industrial tent piece by piece.

And there were probably 8 people setting up.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Delta Canopy. Like $279, green and yellow with side walls. Easy up. Replaceable parts. Can get them on Amazon or direct. If you want it expedited, do it direct.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 blackout

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I have a 10 x 15 from Delta and I like it.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    We have 2 of these

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0043...y+green+yellow

Easy to set up. We watched a tailgate last week spend 30-40min setting up an industrial tent piece by piece.

And there were probably 8 people setting up.
    Our group used to have a 10 X 20 but when the wind picks up it was an issue. We now used 4 smaller ones, not as tall
    and works much better in the winds.
    Oh we had 6 heavy weights on the large canopy, it will wanted to lift and rip it.

Make sure you get good quality and/or summer nothing that can be repaired. Last week we watched two very nice looking canopies crumble/bend/snap within ten min of the lot opening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Our group used to have a 10 X 20 but when the wind picks up it was an issue. We now used 4 smaller ones, not as tall
    and works much better in the winds.
    Oh we had 6 heavy weights on the large canopy, it will wanted to lift and rip it.
    Last week was the first week we've ever had issues with ours. We have cement buckets for the corners, so we ended up using those. Putting it right next to the bus made it worse as it funneled over and then right into the top. No regrets.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We have this. Heavy duty. Expensive but worth it.

https://www.impactcanopy.com/

Thanks for your help guys. I ordered one today!