Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: 2017-2018 WBB Season

Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    A four or five year contract is common. You want a new coach to be able to tell recruits they will be at the university the entire time the recruit will be. I would be surprised if Lindsay Whalen asked for less than that. Plus, Whalen already missed most of this recruiting season, so the 2018-2019 recruiting season will be her first. Minnesota did sign 3 or 4 incoming freshman under the previous coach, so at least the Gopher bench will not be lacking in numbers.
    Lindsay Whalen did get a 5 year contract, according to the Pioneer Press.
    Interestingly she starts at 250,000 while still playing for the Lynx this season, then goes up roughly 36,000 each following season, ending at 547,000, to average 400,000. Previous Coach Stallings made approx 500,000/ year.

It’s quite a pay boost from the WNBA (not counting endorsements).

Lindsay Whalen hiring Kelly Roysland as an assistant. Roysland, originally from Fosston MN, played for the Gophers and is currently the Head Coach at Macalester. Also was an assistant at NDSU for 2 seasons, 08-09. Roysland was a freshman when Whalen was a senior at Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Lindsay Whalen hiring Kelly Roysland as an assistant. Roysland, originally from Fosston MN, played for the Gophers and is currently the Head Coach at Macalester. Also was an assistant at NDSU for 2 seasons, 08-09. Roysland was a freshman when Whalen was a senior at Minnesota.
    Kelly Roysland Should of been hired by NDSU to be head coach like 2 months ago. just another bad move by NDSU AD.. but he's from east coast he doesn't even know where Fosston is.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

From around Christmas 2018.

"Union University, ranked No. 1 in both the WBCA and D2SDIA national polls, improved to 12-0 on the season."
    Former Bison Kennedy Childers is one of their top players.
    Kennedy had a double double that evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephants Dream? View Post
    From around Christmas 2018.

"Union University, ranked No. 1 in both the WBCA and D2SDIA national polls, improved to 12-0 on the season."
    Former Bison Kennedy Childers is one of their top players.
    Kennedy had a double double that evening.
    I always liked the way Kennedy played. She played hard. Effort was always there. Miss her out on the floor. Glad to hear she is doing well after leaving. She found a spot to grow.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Only lost by 40 this time. Closing the gap!