Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 WBB Season

Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Her dad is awesome, bought my group a bunch of beers at the Summit League tourney last year when she was playing. He basically said our coach has no idea what she's doing and Anna wasn't having a great experience. Based on talking to him my guess is that Anna's redshirt year this year was a waiting out period to see if Maren was still going to be the coach next year and now that she is that's likely why she is leaving. That's just my speculation of course, no idea if that was actually the case but the Goodhope family seemed to be about as impressed with Maren as the rest of us are.
    I would hope Matt Larsen would be talking to some of these players. Not that he should buy everything being said but you can never have enough information. It's pretty clear to everyone that we need to make a change. Still can't get over this contract situation.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Her dad is awesome, bought my group a bunch of beers at the Summit League tourney last year when she was playing. He basically said our coach has no idea what she's doing and Anna wasn't having a great experience. Based on talking to him my guess is that Anna's redshirt year this year was a waiting out period to see if Maren was still going to be the coach next year and now that she is that's likely why she is leaving. That's just my speculation of course, no idea if that was actually the case but the Goodhope family seemed to be about as impressed with Maren as the rest of us are.
    Taylor's mom stood behind us and said damn near the same thing verbatim...

Maren has serious people skills issues. You just can't chat with her without feeling you're bothering her. This was my very first impression of her right after she got here.

We have sat with her a few times at functions and I found her pleasant and nice.
    But that doesn’t mean she can coach.
    I follow her on Twitter and from her posts I get the feeling she would rather be somewhere else.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

In the newest Bison Illustrated, Swany had downbeat column on the women's team. BI is a rah rah publication so the writing may be on the wall for her.

Quote Originally Posted by tuffenuff View Post
    In the newest Bison Illustrated, Swany had downbeat column on the women's team. BI is a rah rah publication so the writing may be on the wall for her.
    Very good article. Hope AD Larsen reads BI.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Link plz... thx

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    Link plz... thx
    I do not have a link. I read it in the new edition of BI that all Team Maker members get.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

BI is available outside many stores in the FM area.

ok i'll grab one. I think with this there's no sweeping this under the rug.