Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 356

Thread: 2017-2018 WBB Season

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    from trunk of a car
    Posts
    7,642
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    So they were losing to these guys at half time 32-26? Funny, you gotta do the math to figure this out...
    Your math would be correct and your point is? Winner of a game has never been declared at halftime. I would rather try and stay positive and say they made the right halftime adjustments to win the game. But then again some people never want to be positive.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

    "I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

    My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    603
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

    Sorry I have zero faith in this coach and her recruiting has so far led to embarrassing results. Year four and still hoping for double digit win total. With this weak pre conference schedule if it doesn't happen this year, i'd say move on.

    Btw, I predicted a 9-3 pre-conference record, I'd say that's positive... yes?

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    10,622
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    Sorry I have zero faith in this coach and her recruiting has so far led to embarrassing results. Year four and still hoping for double digit win total. With this weak pre conference schedule if it doesn't happen this year, i'd say move on.

    Btw, I predicted a 9-3 pre-conference record, I'd say that's positive... yes?
    very true weren't they only leading NAIA Morris by 4 at half? yikes.
    I WANT TO THANK TONY < JAIL & EL CHAPO DONT MIX > FBS or BUST enough with this small timey stuff, "Bring on the Competition" is our motto right?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,135

    Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    Sorry I have zero faith in this coach and her recruiting has so far led to embarrassing results. Year four and still hoping for double digit win total. With this weak pre conference schedule if it doesn't happen this year, i'd say move on.

    Btw, I predicted a 9-3 pre-conference record, I'd say that's positive... yes?
    Yep, watched last year as Dickinson St. had better athletes and almost ran us out of our own house. We are better this year, but coaching is a big issue. This is the first time I've seen Kvalvang play, boy was I impressed. If she doesn't touch the ball each time down the court, well, that would say a lot about Walseth. S. Jacobsen still gets herself in terrible situations under the basket, where she has no business being. How is it that Morris could get wide open looks from three, we rarely got an open look outside, and too many of those were absolute clunkers. There is better talent this year but the coaching looks the same. I'd put Thunstedt and Kvilvang on the same side and force a double team, get people moving and see if Macy can make a pass. Still bothers me that a D1 program can't get better athletes, we look so slow.
    We all declare for liberty; but in using the same word we do not all mean the same thing. With some the word liberty may mean for each man to do as he pleases with himself, and the product of his labor; while with others the same word may mean for some men to do as they please with other men, and the product of other menís labor. Abraham Lincoln

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    from trunk of a car
    Posts
    7,642
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

    Correct, coaching is also a key. You have to prepare the team to win. Also have to play to your players strengths. I like the idea of Taylor and Macey on same side. Pick your poison defense.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

    "I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

    My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,413
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

    Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Went to game last night. Couple of observations and questions.

    Observations
    Still don't guard the 3 point shot well on the perimeter. Morris kept this game close way to long.
    Don't run plays. Then 5 seconds left on the shot clock, someone has to go 1 on three to the basket.
    Give up too many offensive rebounds. More than once Morris had 3 plus shots on a trip down the court.
    Injuries have already started. Emily Dietz has a stress fracture on her foot. Out 5 weeks. Had been looking good.
    Another young lady was in street clothes. So dressed 11.

    Positives
    Cando young lady moved much better than I expected. Blocked some shots in the lane.
    The sophomore, nudell, Jacobson, Jacobson all seemed stronger and faster under control. Jacobson didn't turn the ball over.
    Balanced scoring. Bench provided scorring.
    Played 11. Versus having only 7-8 at times last year. So maybe deeper.

    Questions.
    Only 13 young ladies in the line up. 2 injured. Doesn't basketball have 15 scholarships? So are we short 2 players from a full roster.
    just say Fernandez, she should end up being a force. she had all the hussle and go. nudell it still amazes me how she is getting so many rebounds being one
    of the smaller people.

    Street close were Riley Jacobson and Emily Dietz, Dietz in a boot, Jacobson just hanging around, assisting with warmups.
    I mentioned it was certainly different to see 2 bigs out, and still have 2 bigs to play. Much different scenario than the last couple years.
    I also saw no offense scheme..

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,161

    Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    So they were losing to these guys at half time 32-26? Funny, you gotta do the math to figure this out...
    They were ahead at halftime. Wasn't by much. Game was something like 42-41 and then Bison Ladies pulled away the last 15 minutes.

    A win is a win.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    from trunk of a car
    Posts
    7,642
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

    Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    just say Fernandez, she should end up being a force. she had all the hussle and go. nudell it still amazes me how she is getting so many rebounds being one
    of the smaller people.

    Street close were Riley Jacobson and Emily Dietz, Dietz in a boot, Jacobson just hanging around, assisting with warmups.
    I mentioned it was certainly different to see 2 bigs out, and still have 2 bigs to play. Much different scenario than the last couple years.
    I also saw no offense scheme..



    That is a huge concern.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

    "I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

    My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,413
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

    Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    They were ahead at halftime. Wasn't by much. Game was something like 42-41 and then Bison Ladies pulled away the last 15 minutes.

    A win is a win.
    that was because NDSU was doing a poor job defending the 3, but it was resolved at half time...

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    355

    Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

    Postgame said that Riley should be ready for next Sunday's game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •