Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 WBB Season

Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    So what is the solution to get them to a point of not being "winded".
    Fitness level starts in the off season, beyond the weight room, they should be running stairs, running sprints, running distance, running with resistance. Proper nutrition. Not that these girls aren't dedicated, but to be really good, you have to be one hundred percent committed, year round. Maybe if they weren't so exhausted the weak passes, weak handles, and turnovers wouldn't be so bad. I said it before, this looks to high-school-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    Fitness level starts in the off season, beyond the weight room, they should be running stairs, running sprints, running distance, running with resistance. Proper nutrition. Not that these girls aren't dedicated, but to be really good, you have to be one hundred percent committed, year round. Maybe if they weren't so exhausted the weak passes, weak handles, and turnovers wouldn't be so bad. I said it before, this looks to high-school-ish.
    You do realize that most of them are barely a year out of high school right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    You do realize that most of them are barely a year out of high school right?
    Knew that was coming, you say that every year

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    Knew that was coming, you say that every year
    Is it not true?

I have no problem with the coach being gone. She had her chance and needed to show the significant improvement over the off season. It has not happened. I do have a problem with us spending one extra penny on the program though so I don't know where the buyout money would come from. It is a waste of resources that could be going to other programs. Yep Womens basketball at NDSU has fallen that far in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    So what happened with Kennedy Childers? She was not dressed last night and not listed on the roster anymore.
    She was listed on the roster late last night. I checked.
    But gone today.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say "broke team rules".

want to compare the local girls that we got vs the local girls that went elsewhere? We used to at least recruit locally. You start.

For starters, Klabo at UND had 27, 15 and 8 in her last game. She will be first team all conference as a junior. was 2nd team last year as a So. Could we use a post like that? Just curious. Maybe we should have recruited her. So now we have to go to Texas to get our last commit? Hope she is good. Other schools are loading up on local talent. UND playing Baylor tonight. Played Oregon State last week. we play the worst schedule in America trying to get wins. My how the mighty have fallen, and this is during a time when we got a fancy new arena to recruit to. Stop making excuses, we are awful and everyone knows it.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    want to compare the local girls that we got vs the local girls that went elsewhere? We used to at least recruit locally. You start.

For starters, Klabo at UND had 27, 15 and 8 in her last game. She will be first team all conference as a junior. was 2nd team last year as a So. Could we use a post like that? Just curious. Maybe we should have recruited her. So now we have to go to Texas to get our last commit? Hope she is good. Other schools are loading up on local talent. UND playing Baylor tonight. Played Oregon State last week. we play the worst schedule in America trying to get wins. My how the mighty have fallen, and this is during a time when we got a fancy new arena to recruit to. Stop making excuses, we are awful and everyone knows it.
    I get your point that we should have AT LEAST recruited Klabo, but would she even have considered NDSU with her family ties to UND WBB? If I recall, you are close with them, so maybe you have some inside info?
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post

Once Emily Dietz gets into the flow will help our post out some. Yes she is a true freshman, but that is what we are working with. Brewster at UND is a better coach if you ask me.
    I still do not think the fast pace tempo coach wants to play suits this team. When we are rushed, we make even worse decisions. We have a long way to go and that is not sugar coating anything. As awful you may think we are, we are better than last year and still improving. If you can not see small steps forward I cant help.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.