Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 WBB Season

Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

Another NAIA Game on tap before conference. another win there... Cal Poly sucks, Plus Fort Wayne totally blows, so wins there, and maybe another random win in conference, and maybe a win in florida as FIU totally blows as well. With the crap that was scheduled pre-conference I would have thought we would have a 10-3 record at least going into league. Alas... a pipe dream.

I think its crazy that WBB schedules three NAIA games... I can see one..... but three? Who are we kidding here?

So what happened with Kennedy Childers? She was not dressed last night and not listed on the roster anymore.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Looks like she wasn't playing much, except token minutes here and there... I would hope MW provides some sort of update, not necessarily details, but that she left the program at least.

My observations on the women team this year compared to last year. I do think they are playing better as a whole. There are still lapses out there of bad passes, poor shots selection, minimal rebounding and defenses miscues. But despite this I do believe they have improved. Last night rebounding was better. Ball movement and players cutting to basket better. Could not handle pressure the other team put on us bringing the ball up the court. I wonder how much we run in practice. It seemed to me that the gals got tired out there. Are we running too much in practice and we come in to tired to play the game? Do we not run enough so we tire out right away in the game? Yes the shorts deal with RJ bugs me also but if that is what she needs to do to play better then I am all for it. We are a long ways from being the jackrabbits and that is the goal to be like them someday. Again I have said it before, the team better be a lot better at the end of this year or coach is really on the extreme hot seat.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

clearly they're winded, or just don't possess the stamina at this level. Watching this game... Most of those on the court had faces that were pretty close to beet red. Interesing fact that MW is actually leveling minutes,no one should be that outta breath
    Last edited by Bisonionette; 12-06-2017 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Effort and competitiveness are better but man we make way to many unforced errors. Really sloppy at times. Lot to clean up if we want to win close games.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
    Seems like they are trying to force the ball inside, which is where a lot of the turn overs dome from.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Nobody cares. That is sad. This team is awful. Time to move on. THe good local kids don't come to NDSU. Laughable that she is still employed at NDSU. She is paid well too. Joke. Thanks Lynn! Great hire.

Hard to buy her out when 200 people go to their games. Is she worse at a press conference or on twitter?
    Do you actually think if there were 1500 at the games NDSU would buy her out? I doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    clearly they're winded, or just don't possess the stamina at this level. Watching this game... Most of those on the court had faces that were pretty close to beet red.
    So what is the solution to get them to a point of not being "winded".

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Seems like they are trying to force the ball inside, which is where a lot of the turn overs dome from.
    They did get the ball inside more last night. There still were some forcing of it and turnovers also. But overall that was the best inside game I have seem this team have in a year or so. RJ had a really good night.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Nobody cares. That is sad. This team is awful. Time to move on. THe good local kids don't come to NDSU. Laughable that she is still employed at NDSU. She is paid well too. Joke. Thanks Lynn! Great hire.

Hard to buy her out when 200 people go to their games. Is she worse at a press conference or on twitter?
    Weren't Sarah Jacobson, Rylee Nudell, Emily Dietz and Macey Kvilvang considered good local kids? I thought they were all recruited by UND as well. I don't know enough about womens BB to say whether they are D1 players or not but you'd think if other D1 schools were recruiting them they should be. They are still very young and have been thrown to the wolves way to soon IMO but what other options are there?

I'm starting to have doubts about this coaching staff as well. I wish she would have sprinkled in a few transfers rather then trying to build it on the backs of a couple recruiting classes. I do think there are some signs of improvement. I doubt she will be bought out early so she's got at least another year to show significant progress.