Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 WBB Season

Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Probably, but who is the next one? Is there a person on staff now? Someone from SDSU staff? Someone that left last year from USD staff? Former NDSU player for better days of the program? Just wondering. I do not have any idea of who it could or will be.
    I don't know exactly but I doubt it would be someone on the current staff. We need someone who will energize the program again. Someone who can convince the better talent to come here and coach them up. Just need to find the right person. There has to be someone out there who can get this program turned around. I wonder ML has any contacts from his SB days.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Why does she have to be a lame duck? I hate the practice of just letting a coach's contract expire. If they aren't doing the damn job fire them.
    Money for one reason. Tough to spend money on buyouts for a programming that doesn't bring any in right now. One thing I would do is make sure the next hire gets a 3 year deal and not 4. Should see progress after 2 years.

A few wins should be coming... Denver Omaha and Fort Wayne all are horrible. But that doesn't change the facts... The skill set of these players are not at D1 levels. Not that they can't be. But clearly the coaching staff is inept at doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Money for one reason. Tough to spend money on buyouts for a programming that doesn't bring any in right now. One thing I would do is make sure the next hire gets a 3 year deal and not 4. Should see progress after 2 years.
    Good point but I hate that we are the type of school that will let $100k(or so) keep us from being an embarrassment in a sport that at one time was one of our gold standards of our athletic department.

Good point but I hate that we are the type of school that will let $100k(or so) keep us from being an embarrassment in a sport that at one time was one of our gold standards of our athletic department.
    I really think if they had someone in mind that the buyout would not be an issue. But how do you interview a replacement with the current coach on staff. Open meeting laws in ND sometimes really slow if not stop progress on certain things.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Probably, but who is the next one? Is there a person on staff now? Someone from SDSU staff? Someone that left last year from USD staff? Former NDSU player for better days of the program? Just wondering. I do not have any idea of who it could or will be.
    Why does she have to be a lame duck? I hate the practice of just letting a coach's contract expire. If they aren't doing the damn job fire them.
    Agree but the clock is ticking

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I don't know exactly but I doubt it would be someone on the current staff. We need someone who will energize the program again. Someone who can convince the better talent to come here and coach them up. Just need to find the right person. There has to be someone out there who can get this program turned around. I wonder ML has any contacts from his SB days.

WBB is a cash drain on our athletic department. For the other 3 Dakota schools, they actually draw pretty well

Need someone who is totally not connected with us in any way, shape, or form. Someone who plays a style compatible with the skill we can attract.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

The Bison are in Denver Saturday @ 2pm vs. the Pioneers.
    Denver is 10-8 overall, and 1-2 in conference after beating Fort Wayne.
    I checked their ticket prices, $5 GA, $6 Reserved, and $10 Courtside.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    A few wins should be coming... Denver Omaha and Fort Wayne all are horrible. But that doesn't change the facts... The skill set of these players are not at D1 levels. Not that they can't be. But clearly the coaching staff is inept at doing this.

You have gotten a lot of grief from others on here on your posting "style" but the more I watch this team (only on TV this year), the more you are right about this program. Lots of excuses.

It is a terrible program right now and someone new needs to come in and rebuild it IMO. Watching USD and SDSU on Midco Sports shows how bad this program is. The Bison will probably win a few more conference games but against teams that are equally bad.

98-79 Final.
    Bison played well the first 15 minutes, then downhill the next 25.
    Denver wants to go inside, but hit a ton of 3's today.

Pretty disappointing week on the road, bottom line is we just aren't a very good basketball team. Should be able to beat Fort Wayne twice and Id like to think we can grab 2 other home wins somewhere.

As for today, got out rebounded by 11. Gave up 20 second chance points. Also turned it over 18 times that led to 17 points for Denver. Those two stats really tell you all you need to know.

OK, let's assume they get 2 wins over FW (see above post) and one over Omaha.
    That's a 3 win (4 if they sneak past someone else) conference season.
    That won't get you a sack of marbles on the playground. <(an old time reference)