Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 WBB Season

Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

Ladies lose 82-67. Gotta cut down on turnovers and make the easy shots. Missed a lot of easy shots around the basket. Seems like they are rushing when they don't need to, typical of a young team.

once again, the outta conference sched was embarrassing three naia games, then the rest was D1 POOP... plain and simple 7 and 7 record is totally meaningless and doesnt fool anybody

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Last season NDSU was 6-24, 4-12 Summit.
    The non-conference wins were against Dickinson and Mayville.
    At 7-7 in non-conference, that is one more win already than all of last season.
    dont forget naia powerhouse dakota state

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    once again, the outta conference sched was embarrassing three naia games, then the rest was D1 POOP... plain and simple 7 and 7 record is totally meaningless and doesnt fool anybody
    The coaching staff wasn't trying to pull a fast one on anyone, which is what you seem to think. The schedule was soft but the team needs to figure out how to win, you don't do that by getting demolished every game. IUPUI leaving added some crap games to the schedule as well.

I am not at all happy with state of the program but the schedule is the least of my concerns.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The coaching staff wasn't trying to pull a fast one on anyone, which is what you seem to think. The schedule was soft but the team needs to figure out how to win, you don't do that by getting demolished every game. IUPUI leaving added some crap games to the schedule as well.

I am not at all happy with state of the program but the schedule is the least of my concerns.
    yep, all this does is set false expectations and disappointments. figure out how to win? this is year four, if Maren hasn't figured out how to win yet... oh never mind... I see no light with this coach, her recruiting, her team looks highschoolish, and topped off with crap ooc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    yep, all this does is set false expectations and disappointments. figure out how to win? this is year four, if Maren hasn't figured out how to win yet... oh never mind... I see no light with this coach, her recruiting, her team looks highschoolish, and topped off with crap ooc.
    So instead of always complaining, what are your suggestions for the program. Don't give general talking points. Give specific ideas, name a new coach, give me your occ schedule and what players would you target to recruit? You seem to have all the answers , please share.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Girls trail by 6 at the half, 38-32. Lots of turnovers and USD has lots of points off those turnovers!
    The odd thing in the first half, NDSU had 15 Turnovers, USD had 12 steals, yet NDSU trailed by 6. Still trying to force the ball into the middle when it does not appear to be available,
    result steal or turnover.

A definite lack of "good hands" by players in the paint tonight.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Did anyone catch the interview of USD's coach after the game. She talked about how they played good, intense team defense in the 1st and 3rd quarters. There was no mention of offense. I said this last year. Fundamentally NDSU is not a good defensive team. I'm not talking about one on one defense. They don't deny passing lanes well and the defensive rotation is poor at times. Playing solid team defense is all about knowing where to be, hard work and intensity.
    Offensively, taking care of the ball is obvious!

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Did anyone catch the interview of USD's coach after the game. She talked about how they played good, intense team defense in the 1st and 3rd quarters. There was no mention of offense. I said this last year. Fundamentally NDSU is not a good defensive team. I'm not talking about one on one defense. They don't deny passing lanes well and the defensive rotation is poor at times. Playing solid team defense is all about knowing where to be, hard work and intensity.
    Offensively, taking care of the ball is obvious!
    Watched my first women's game of the season last night. Agree with this 100%. Communication on screens was laughable at best. Completely unacceptable for a high school team let alone a college team.