Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 WBB Season

Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    why are we playing these teams? what is an njit?
    Member of the Atlantic Sun Conference, went 11-19 last year and got pummeled similarly by SDSU on Friday night.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    why are we playing these teams? what is an njit?
    You want us to play a sdsu schedule well they played them Friday. So there.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Good win ladies, keep working together and improving as a team.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Not a very tough game but nobody (other than trolls) should ever complain about a 50 point win vs a bad D1 team

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

the "pumping up" of the 2-0 record is an embarassment to ndsu athletic social media staff. I've seen it multiple places.

2-0 vs a NAIA team and NJIT cmon man... I agree with Bisoniotte.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Bison women play UMass on Friday at 7:00 and VCSU on Sunday at 2:00. Both games in Fargo. Go out and win the day Bison. Lost to UMass last year by 12 on the road. We are better this year and we get them at home.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Some Game Observations

1) This was a team they were expected to beat my a lot and they did. It was never a closer game unlike the Minnesota Morris (MM) game for 2 1/2 quarters.

2) Overall play much better than MM game. Entry pass to the spot, wait for double team, kick out for the 3 pointer. Sarah Jacobson drive the lane, attract the defense kick out to the open jump shot. Much less dribble and weave, waiting for 5 seconds on shot clock then attacking the rim 1 on 3. So more of an attempt at offensive structure.

3) Depth- Played 10. Goodhue, Dietz and Riley Jacobson in street close. Appears all ten can run the court, and have some ball skills.
    4) Height in the middle will be a factor. Number 44, 6-2 young lady from Winona and young lady from Cando both impacting shots and rebounding and scoring at the basket. Word was Emily Dietz was having best summer/fall of all the new post ladies. So depth in the middle is new this year.
    5) Sarah was under control. Didn't force shots, moved the ball around.

Really no negatives.

About 300 in attendance, maybe 400. But Vikings were playing and WBB not that popular to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Some Game Observations

1) This was a team they were expected to beat my a lot and they did. It was never a closer game unlike the Minnesota Morris (MM) game for 2 1/2 quarters.

2) Overall play much better than MM game. Entry pass to the spot, wait for double team, kick out for the 3 pointer. Sarah Jacobson drive the lane, attract the defense kick out to the open jump shot. Much less dribble and weave, waiting for 5 seconds on shot clock then attacking the rim 1 on 3. So more of an attempt at offensive structure.

3) Depth- Played 10. Goodhue, Dietz and Riley Jacobson in street close. Appears all ten can run the court, and have some ball skills.
    4) Height in the middle will be a factor. Number 44, 6-2 young lady from Winona and young lady from Cando both impacting shots and rebounding and scoring at the basket. Word was Emily Dietz was having best summer/fall of all the new post ladies. So depth in the middle is new this year.
    5) Sarah was under control. Didn't force shots, moved the ball around.

Really no negatives.

About 300 in attendance, maybe 400. But Vikings were playing and WBB not that popular to begin with.
    Thank you for your review of the game. No negatives is a good thing. Limit turnovers, rebound better and closeout on three point shooters, these things will help you win games.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Thank you for your review of the game. No negatives is a good thing. Limit turnovers, rebound better and closeout on three point shooters, these things will help you win games.
    Differences from the MM game in regards to the MM game negatives.

Yesterday protected the 3 point line better.
    Few offensive rebounds given up by NDSU yesterday. Size was asserting itself.
    Offense had some flow and not many turnovers.

So as you would hope, improvement over the past 10 days.

How many times last year would see Taylor not having any points, (foul trouble) and NDSU up by 30.
    Granted NJIT is not a Summit League quality team, but NDSU defintely looks to be better having many
    players to go to this season.