Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 WBB Season

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

How large of a check would have to be written if she were fired?

I hope our AD learned after seeing the VB team, the positives of making a change and not letting this drag out which almost happened in VB because we got cheap. Nobody will be there to bail them out if they decide to let her coach as a lame duck.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Looks like her contract is for $150k per year. She's been getting paid that much? For a first time head coach?? WTF was Dorn thinking??? OK don't answer that, no sense spinning our wheels another year under this regime. I was supportive of her but need to see progress being made and so far it hasn't been happening. Come on Larson time to earn your money as AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Looks like her contract is for $150k per year. She's been getting paid that much? For a first time head coach?? WTF was Dorn thinking??? OK don't answer that, no sense spinning our wheels another year under this regime. I was supportive of her but need to see progress being made and so far it hasn't been happening. Come on Larson time to earn your money as AD.
    I agree with this. I was willing to give her this year and show progress. There was no progress that I could see this year.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    What I'd like to see is some boosters step up and get AD Larsen some extra cash to play with. Then Larsen calls up Aaron Johnston at SDSU and offers him a 100,000 a year raise to come to NDSU. This instantly creates cred with the NDSU program, and at the same time lands a big blow to the Jacks. I don't know anything about Johnston, for all I know he might love it at SDSU and plans on retiring there. But I really like the idea of getting a proven coach and at the same time weakening our biggest rival. The shit storm would be glorious. Who am I kidding, WBB don't have boosters like that, or we wouldn't have sucked for 10-15 years now.

I agree with the above posters. Walseth needs to go. She is a below average coach. Being average at NDSU gets you on the hot seat, being below average should mean you are gone.
    Would love to see it happen, but, like Steigelmeier, Johnson loves being the big bullfrog in the slough (Brookings). Highly doubt he is even interested in leaving bunnyland. Of course, the P5 programs haven't called, yet. Just speculating.

Johnston gets over $200k at SDSU, I don't think we will be paying our women's coach $300k anytime soon.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Would love to see it happen, but, like Steigelmeier, Johnson loves being the big bullfrog in the slough (Brookings). Highly doubt he is even interested in leaving bunnyland. Of course, the P5 programs haven't called, yet. Just speculating.
    Johnston accepted the head coaching job at UW Green Bay a couple of years ago, and then changed his mind and stayed in Brookings.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Johnston accepted the head coaching job at UW Green Bay a couple of years ago, and then changed his mind and stayed in Brookings.
    I remember that. The Jack women are better than the Horizon League teams. It would have been a lateral move at best; more money, yes, but not P5 money. Johnson is content at SDSU. Plus, Mrs. Johnson keeps munchies around the house for late night snacks; unlike Mrs. Steiglemeier.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Bison fall by 25 87-62.

Another disappointing and frustrating season comes to an end.
    i had to look back here to find the score after watching walseth press conference...good grief she says "the take away is how close we are" and "you look at us the begining of the season and today the cliche is you wanna play your best basketball in march and that most certainly happened for our program" i dont know whats worst her saying that or richman rambling about fathers husbands sisters wifes employees employers hunters fishers

my eyes are still rolling after that press conference