Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 160

Thread: 2017-2018 WBB Season

  1. #131
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    1,354

    Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

    Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    I get your point that we should have AT LEAST recruited Klabo, but would she even have considered NDSU with her family ties to UND WBB? If I recall, you are close with them, so maybe you have some inside info?
    Is she related to the Klabos that went to NDSU in the early 2000s?

    Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

  2. #132
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    West Fargo
    Posts
    14,427
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

    Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Is she related to the Klabos that went to NDSU in the early 2000s?

    Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    I don't know that...I do know her step-mom used to play for UND (after a year at NDSU) back in the early 2000s though. She was a year younger than me in high school (Mandan) and was Miss Basketball in ND, so I followed her career a little.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

  3. #133
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    from trunk of a car
    Posts
    5,552
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

    I think we all agree that NDSU needs to recruit the best players in the state just like the other sports. Need to protect the home state. But here is a bigger questions. Since it seems football players are willing to go further from home to play football, are we looking at other sports and players within the school we get football players from. Example we get Timmy to come from Somewhere Indiana to play football for us, does that maybe make it easier to get Becky or Johnny to come along to play softball or basketball if they are good enough? Yes I know we got Ward out of Florida and have some international flair on the women's team. To state my question again do HS football coaches tell our football coaches that we should send out BB coach their to check out Becky or Johnny?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

    "I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

    My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

  4. #134
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,511

    Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    want to compare the local girls that we got vs the local girls that went elsewhere? We used to at least recruit locally. You start.

    For starters, Klabo at UND had 27, 15 and 8 in her last game. She will be first team all conference as a junior. was 2nd team last year as a So. Could we use a post like that? Just curious. Maybe we should have recruited her. So now we have to go to Texas to get our last commit? Hope she is good. Other schools are loading up on local talent. UND playing Baylor tonight. Played Oregon State last week. we play the worst schedule in America trying to get wins. My how the mighty have fallen, and this is during a time when we got a fancy new arena to recruit to. Stop making excuses, we are awful and everyone knows it.
    You can't force kids to come here and which do you think they are going to prefer in womens BB the last 10 years NDSU or UND and SDSU? Gotta get the program turned around before the best kids will come here. I'm not making excuses it's the facts. Nobody here is saying we don't suck, we have sucked for 10 years! Do you think there is a coach that's going to come in and turn the program around in a couple years? If so please by all means push for their hire!

  5. #135
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,294

    Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    want to compare the local girls that we got vs the local girls that went elsewhere? We used to at least recruit locally. You start.

    For starters, Klabo at UND had 27, 15 and 8 in her last game. She will be first team all conference as a junior. was 2nd team last year as a So. Could we use a post like that? Just curious. Maybe we should have recruited her. So now we have to go to Texas to get our last commit? Hope she is good. Other schools are loading up on local talent. UND playing Baylor tonight. Played Oregon State last week. we play the worst schedule in America trying to get wins. My how the mighty have fallen, and this is during a time when we got a fancy new arena to recruit to. Stop making excuses, we are awful and everyone knows it.
    Yes, we could have used Klabo. but don't forget she is a junior. Even though the Bison and Hawks both lose local girls, they both have their share. The Bison got Dietz from Fargo Shanley and Macey Kvilvang, 6-4, F, Cando (North Star), ND in this recruiting class. Kvilvang had multiple offers, including the Gophers, Arizona and Boise St. These two should fill the post for the Bison in the future.

    It seems to me the Bison are still recruiting locally but are just not getting all of them.

  6. #136
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    982

    Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

    Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Yes, we could have used Klabo. but don't forget she is a junior. Even though the Bison and Hawks both lose local girls, they both have their share. The Bison got Dietz from Fargo Shanley and Macey Kvilvang, 6-4, F, Cando (North Star), ND in this recruiting class. Kvilvang had multiple offers, including the Gophers, Arizona and Boise St. These two should fill the post for the Bison in the future.

    It seems to me the Bison are still recruiting locally but are just not getting all of them.
    Klabo, her parents attended UND. Plus is was a better program to attend. Her aunt and Uncle attended NDSU, so ties here exist.

    Kvilvang actually moves better than expected. She is a true freshman, give her a year or two. It is too bad they don't or can't redshirt the young ladies a year.

  7. #137
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    776

    Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

    Did NDSU make a strong recruiting bid for Tylee Irwin, Wahpeton? She is an impressive freshman -- ranks right up there with the best freshman I've seen in a Jacks uniform.
    Go Jackrabbits!

  8. #138
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5,349

    Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

    Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Klabo, her parents attended UND. Plus is was a better program to attend. Her aunt and Uncle attended NDSU, so ties here exist.

    Kvilvang actually moves better than expected. She is a true freshman, give her a year or two. It is too bad they don't or can't redshirt the young ladies a year.
    uncle was AA Left Tackle. Aunt was starting center. Grandpa played Bison hoops. They all live in Fargo. Mary played at both. Fargo from a UND family. Would have been fun to at least try to recruit a Fargo girl who is now a dominant college player. Maggie Manson has already committed to UND as a junior, NDSU never called. It is pretty sad that UND has established a winning culture with local girls. But, we did just sign a girl from Texas.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

  9. #139
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,289

    Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

    Quote Originally Posted by JackJD View Post
    Did NDSU make a strong recruiting bid for Tylee Irwin, Wahpeton? She is an impressive freshman -- ranks right up there with the best freshman I've seen in a Jacks uniform.
    Donít know on the NDSU effort, just remember Irwin being an early commit to SDSU, IIRC going into her junior season. Similar to Klabo, she could pick what regional program to go with, and the Jackrabbits are the best one.
    Would guess NDSU got to know that and looked elsewhere then.
    Irwinís brother was a PWO last season for NDSU as a RFR transfer from Minot State. That was my only hope Irwin might change her mind.

  10. #140
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    from trunk of a car
    Posts
    5,552
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2017-2018 WBB Season

    Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Don’t know on the NDSU effort, just remember Irwin being an early commit to SDSU, IIRC going into her junior season. Similar to Klabo, she could pick what regional program to go with, and the Jackrabbits are the best one.
    Would guess NDSU got to know that and looked elsewhere then.
    Irwin’s brother was a PWO last season for NDSU as a RFR transfer from Minot State. That was my only hope Irwin might change her mind.
    He is not on the team this year. Where did he go or just give it up?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

    "I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

    My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •