Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Schedule Finalized

Default Re: 2018 Schedule Finalized

I'm the same way. It's easier to keep track of our donations when they are separate charges. I have done the thing where a grocery store asks you to donate money to a food bank or pick up the free item of the week and drop it off in a donation bin by the door if it's not something I would normally use.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I agree with this.

I am tired of being asked to donate every time I swipe my card. I like to research where I donate money to and so my immediate reaction is no I don't want to round up or no I don't want to add $2 for whatever charity.

I don't like shopping in the first place and these ambush donation tactics make it that much more unenjoyable. A business partnership with a charity is where they donate to the charity, not directly asking their patrons to.
    It's OK to not be OK.

As an out-of-stater, the seven home games isn't all that significant to me, but I'm sure it's a big plus for the season ticket holders and tail-gaters.

The non-conference schedule looked a bit weak to weak to me. If we were playing either Cal Poly or Delaware this week, we'd be favored by about 28 points; North Alabama by even more. Unless they improve significantly by next year, which I rather doubt, I'd call all three of them cupcakes.

The 2018 conference schedule will be the typical grind, with a lot of competitive play from a range of teams.

Which brings me to my pet peeve of no FBS game. Yes, I've been beaten down with all the politics of it, so it is what it is. Regardless, it looks to me like we have a very high-caliber team for this year and next year, maybe our best team of all. I just think it's a shame we can't show it off against a high-caliber FBS team in either year.

Nice schedule.Too bad the move of the Delaware game has ruined my plans to actually see a game next year in person since I have a meeting scheduled for that day

Quote Originally Posted by LongLostAlum View Post
    As an out-of-stater, the seven home games isn't all that significant to me, but I'm sure it's a big plus for the season ticket holders and tail-gaters.

The non-conference schedule looked a bit weak to weak to me. If we were playing either Cal Poly or Delaware this week, we'd be favored by about 28 points; North Alabama by even more. Unless they improve significantly by next year, which I rather doubt, I'd call all three of them cupcakes.

The 2018 conference schedule will be the typical grind, with a lot of competitive play from a range of teams.

Which brings me to my pet peeve of no FBS game. Yes, I've been beaten down with all the politics of it, so it is what it is. Regardless, it looks to me like we have a very high-caliber team for this year and next year, maybe our best team of all. I just think it's a shame we can't show it off against a high-caliber FBS team in either year.
    Delaware is not a Cupcake, Cal poly has history of being a good team with yes they appear not great this year but they were an old transition conference mate we played many good games with, UNA is a perfect game, and we got 2 of these teams without a promise of a return game.

Now the FBS, the main reason we don't have one for this "high-caliber" team is just freaking that!! What does it take for people to understand this?? Its been said over and over and over and over TEAMS WONT PLAY NDSU. How the Fuck do you play games you CANNOT schedule, NDSU doesn't just call anyone they want tell them they must schedule

jesus that gets old saying that, and tell me, if your a fan what is best for the team? Playing schedules like last year every year and getting beat to shit or going into conference play with the kinks worked out and a well oiled machine? If your a true fan the answer is easy, but it guess complaining is easier than just enjoying the games and supporting the teams
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    How the Fuck do you play games you CANNOT schedule, NDSU doesn't just call anyone they want tell them they must schedule
    The same way you move to the FBS without a conference invite!

How the Fuck do you play games you CANNOT schedule, NDSU doesn't just call anyone they want tell them they must schedule
    I got it! We show up to TCF Bank Stadium next year the same day as whatever FCS team they're playing and when the opposing team buses get there we work up an old number 6 on them allowing the Bison to take their place on the field. The Goophers will be too busy rowing to realize the difference until it's too late!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I got it! We show up to TCF Bank Stadium next year the same day as whatever FCS team they're playing and when the opposing team buses get there we work up an old number 6 on them allowing the Bison to take their place on the field. The Goophers will be too busy rowing to realize the difference until it's too late!
    Ahh THE OLD Blazing Saddles NUMBER 6..HEEHEE..HEEHEE... WORKS EVERYTIME
    "Everybody wants to be on a championship team, but nobody wants to come to practice."-Bobby Knight

Delaware is not a Cupcake, Cal poly has history of being a good team with yes they appear not great this year but they were an old transition conference mate we played many good games with, UNA is a perfect game, and we got 2 of these teams without a promise of a return game.

Now the FBS, the main reason we don't have one for this "high-caliber" team is just freaking that!! What does it take for people to understand this?? Its been said over and over and over and over TEAMS WONT PLAY NDSU. How the Fuck do you play games you CANNOT schedule, NDSU doesn't just call anyone they want tell them they must schedule

jesus that gets old saying that, and tell me, if your a fan what is best for the team? Playing schedules like last year every year and getting beat to shit or going into conference play with the kinks worked out and a well oiled machine? If your a true fan the answer is easy, but it guess complaining is easier than just enjoying the games and supporting the teams
    It depends upon what your definition of a cupcake is. In my opinion, a 28 pt. underdog is a cupcake, and that's about where Delaware is. I was wrong about Cal Poly. They'd be about a 36 point underdog, not the 28 points I stated previously. UNA is not what I'd call a perfect game, but if you want to think it is, that's fine with me.

There are 129 FBS teams. I think someone who really wanted to get a game scheduled with one of them could get it done. Rejection is a tough pill to swallow, but it's not a permanent condition if you keep working at it. That's what I "understand", but if complacency and caution is your cup-of-tea, then go with it; see how far it gets you.

It depends upon what your definition of a cupcake is. In my opinion, a 28 pt. underdog is a cupcake, and that's about where Delaware is. I was wrong about Cal Poly. They'd be about a 36 point underdog, not the 28 points I stated previously. UNA is not what I'd call a perfect game, but if you want to think it is, that's fine with me.

There are 129 FBS teams. I think someone who really wanted to get a game scheduled with one of them could get it done. Rejection is a tough pill to swallow, but it's not a permanent condition if you keep working at it. That's what I "understand", but if complacency and caution is your cup-of-tea, then go with it; see how far it gets you.

Quote Originally Posted by LongLostAlum View Post

When about 110 of them are looking for a team that has no chance of hanging a loss on them, your pool gets narrowed drastically

They'd have to do it for free. Might as well bring in a cupcake for a home game at that point.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯