Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bison 1660 generates 110k in revenue for NDSU athletics

Default Re: Bison 1660 generates 110k in revenue for NDSU athletics

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yep, they negotiated like we were a D2 team. The reaction after the fact was the epitome of whiney and calculated. They even conspired to try and get Breschiani fired by getting all their talking heads to attack him like CNN attacks Trump. (not trying to get political, just a good analogy)
    Is it a good analogy?

I don't watch CNN but I also don't think that Breschiani and that situation are even remotely comparable to Trump and his.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Is it a good analogy?

I don't watch CNN but I also don't think that Breschiani and that situation are even remotely comparable to Trump and his.
    What's a better analogy when the entire Forum Communications brings out all their big names to slander NDSU with no one defending them? I'm really really not trying to be political. It just came to mind

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Don’t forget that weird stipulation from WDAY that NDSU owed them money if the football team didn’t make the playoffs (or win a certain amount of games - can’t remember).

It was the type of bid a company puts in if they are the only ones bidding. Either they were arrogant or didn’t want the bid to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Being the voice of the FnHawks they must be getting large checks every week from the flagship

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    judging by their reaction after the fact...arrogant!!!!
    I really liked both those guys but after that crap I go to the media blog very very rarely and I used to watch and read their stuff religiously. I still seem to get my Bison fix just not from them. They really disappointed me in their antics.

I have no idea if it will an impact on revenue, but 1660 is now the official home of the Fargo Force.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Won't there be a time conflict with some Bison men's and women's BB games and Force games?

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Won't there be a time conflict with some Bison men's and women's BB games and Force games?
    Sister stations?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NDGooch View Post
    I have no idea if it will an impact on revenue, but 1660 is now the official home of the Fargo Force.
    Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    No conflicts and a good move. The station flat out needs more local content. I checked the Force website but I don't see ton of games. Not sure what they normally have.
    Sounds like they will be airing the coaches show too. Good move to get more unique content that people actually care about

Radio Broadcasts on Bison1660

10/19 vs Sioux Falls Stampede at 7:05PM
    11/9 vs Des Moines Buccaneers at 7:05 PM
    1/20 vs Sioux City Musketeers at 7:05 PM
    2/17 vs Tri-City Storm at 7:05 PM
    3/23 vs Omaha Lancers at 7:05 PM

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BisonBacker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I really liked both those guys but after that crap I go to the media blog very very rarely and I used to watch and read their stuff religiously. I still seem to get my Bison fix just not from them. They really disappointed me in their antics.
    I remember not only Kolpack (Izzo not so much he took the high road) but also the WDAY AM guys (including their program director) just crying and whining the next day like a school girl stood up for a date over that whole deal. They tried to Mock and make fun of NDSU when NDSU tried to enforce what was in the contract with Bison1660. Its funny how they all got their undies twisted and yet use NDSU to try to sell their broadcasts and make money and suddenly forget all the nasty shit they said over the air about NDSU.

On another note I hear advertising on multiple stations for the bar down in Hickson (the Knickerbocker) trying to get people from Fargo Moorhead to come down and support them and watch Bison games yet they are constantly advertising about the "Fargo Dam" in opposition to it. Another example of "if we can make money off them great but otherwise fuck em" attitude. I'll never set foot in that place again. I don't support Kolpack or Izzo either. It's just unfortunate for Izzo he works for such a shitty organization.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBacker View Post
    I remember not only Kolpack (Izzo not so much he took the high road) but also the WDAY AM guys (including their program director) just crying and whining the next day like a school girl stood up for a date over that whole deal. They tried to Mock and make fun of NDSU when NDSU tried to enforce what was in the contract with Bison1660. Its funny how they all got their undies twisted and yet use NDSU to try to sell their broadcasts and make money and suddenly forget all the nasty shit they said over the air about NDSU.

On another note I hear advertising on multiple stations for the bar down in Hickson (the Knickerbocker) trying to get people from Fargo Moorhead to come down and support them and watch Bison games yet they are constantly advertising about the "Fargo Dam" in opposition to it. Another example of "if we can make money off them great but otherwise fuck em" attitude. I'll never set foot in that place again. I don't support Kolpack or Izzo either. It's just unfortunate for Izzo he works for such a shitty organization.
    I think you will find plenty of NDSU fans/grads living and/or farming south of the FM area that are opposed to the diversion...