Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bison 1660 generates 110k in revenue for NDSU athletics

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison 1660 generates 110k in revenue for NDSU athletics

I've seen the packages they are selling for this year and to me, compared to other forms of advertising in town, their rates are pretty reasonable but have the opportunity to bring in some nice money for NDSU.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I know it is hard to figure out with all the free ads and promo's, but what would have WDAY or the IN forum cut a check to NDSU for?

Comparing the dollars is one variable, but having the Bison Brand front and center everyday is obviously worth something that you would not have gotten with Forum Communications.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    I know it is hard to figure out with all the free ads and promo's, but what would have WDAY or the IN forum cut a check to NDSU for?

Comparing the dollars is one variable, but having the Bison Brand front and center everyday is obviously worth something that you would not have gotten with Forum Communications.
    I wonder if we will see something like this with Kolpack in the future? Basically, the Wichita State beat writer is moving over to the Athletics side at WSU. His position is being mothballed at The Eagle but they will still rely on him for their day to day articles, except they will be paying WSU for them now instead of having a guy on staff.

http://goshockers.com/news/2017/9/7/...ckers-com.aspx

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.biz...er-to.amp.html

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I wonder if we will see something like this with Kolpack in the future? Basically, the Wichita State beat writer is moving over to the Athletics side at WSU. His position is being mothballed at The Eagle but they will still rely on him for their day to day articles, except they will be paying WSU for them now instead of having a guy on staff.

http://goshockers.com/news/2017/9/7/...ckers-com.aspx

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.biz...er-to.amp.html
    It's one of the few money makers at the Forum. They wont' dump them.

They have to pay for Mrs. Marcil's vanity project.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post

Wday and KFGO wanted Ndsu to cut them a check for like 80 grand for radio. Radio FM Media gave Ndsu the Fox, Detroit lakes, wahpeton, and Bison 1660 for like 35 grand per year plus 30% of Bison 1660 revenue which means they actually make money on it
    All the proposals were made public by Valley News live

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Wday and KFGO wanted Ndsu to cut them a check for like 80 grand for radio. Radio FM Media gave Ndsu the Fox, Detroit lakes, wahpeton, and Bison 1660 for like 35 grand per year plus 30% of Bison 1660 revenue which means they actually make money on it
    All the proposals were made public by Valley News live
    Don’t forget that weird stipulation from WDAY that NDSU owed them money if the football team didn’t make the playoffs (or win a certain amount of games - can’t remember).

It was the type of bid a company puts in if they are the only ones bidding. Either they were arrogant or didn’t want the bid to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Don’t forget that weird stipulation from WDAY that NDSU owed them money if the football team didn’t make the playoffs (or win a certain amount of games - can’t remember).

It was the type of bid a company puts in if they are the only ones bidding. Either they were arrogant or didn’t want the bid to begin with.

judging by their reaction after the fact...arrogant!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

Yep, they negotiated like we were a D2 team. The reaction after the fact was the epitome of whiney and calculated. They even conspired to try and get Breschiani fired by getting all their talking heads to attack him like CNN attacks Trump. (not trying to get political, just a good analogy)

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

McFeely still brings it up over a year later

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    McFeely still brings it up over a year later

because it stirs the pot
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant