Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Missouri State

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Missouri State

I enjoyed the halftime show.

Eff the Haters!!!!

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So if the targeting call had been in the 2nd half and he was required to sit out the first half of the following game, then later admitted the officials admitted the call was wrong, would he still have to sit out the following game's first half?
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    So if the targeting call had been in the 2nd half and he was required to sit out the first half of the following game, then later admitted the officials admitted the call was wrong, would he still have to sit out the following game's first half?
    Good question....
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I believe so, but I'm no expert. Pretty sure the judgment during the game trumps any reviews post-game.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    I believe so, but I'm no expert. Pretty sure the judgment during the game trumps any reviews post-game.
    That would kind of make sense but they can review it during the game to see if they guy should be kicked out... so maybe they can reverse it after the game? I don't have the answer either.

I don't know why they wouldn't be able to vacate a 1st half suspension for the next game due to a bogus targeting call after the game it happened in. Seems like they're just compounding the mistake if the don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I don't know why they wouldn't be able to vacate a 1st half suspension for the next game due to a bogus targeting call after the game it happened in. Seems like they're just compounding the mistake if the don't.
    It's the NCAA, this is an expected result.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I believe that they do vacate the 1st half suspension if the flag occurred in the second half.
    Hail Hydra.

I think this is handled by the league office. They would have some latitude in a case like that.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't understand why targeting is called in real time but to retract it they have to see clear evidence it wasn't targeting on the replay. They should review after the personal foul is called if they suspect targeting and determine if it actually is on the replay. Or just get rid of it all together - seems like it's called incorrectly more than it is correct, even using the replay.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.