Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Missouri State

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Missouri State

And just to show how ridiculously inconsistent the enforcement of the targeting rule is, this hit on Chattanooga's QB yesterday did not draw an ejection or even a penalty call.

https://twitter.com/trackisreal/stat...26494021517312

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    And just to show how ridiculously inconsistent the enforcement of the targeting rule is, this hit on Chattanooga's QB yesterday did not draw an ejection or even a penalty call.

Reminds me of a hit Kyle Emmanuel put on a QB. He got a flag for it though if I remember correctly.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

You know it's a bad hit when the guy making the hit is immediately signaling for the medical staff.

I think what saved this hit from the flag was how the defender wrapped up the QB.

Also, the hit kind reminds me of the hit Ambrosius put on the UNI QB last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

I was at a 4th grader tackle football game and witnessed a targeting penalty thrown for a kid standing too upright while being ran over so his helmet hit the other kid's. I was like... Really?

Our boys definitely have some things to work on.

Thought Stick was amazing - and so was Grimsley (playing injured, no less.)

Sucks about Marlette - he was playing incredible football.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    You know it's a bad hit when the guy making the hit is immediately signaling for the medical staff.

I think what saved this hit from the flag was how the defender wrapped up the QB.

Also, the hit kind reminds me of the hit Ambrosius put on the UNI QB last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    While I understand the intent, I'm not sure guys like him are able to avoid things like that. Unless he wants to make entirely an arm tackle, he doesn't have the space between his helmet and his arm, nor the flexibilty either in his shoulders or within the pads to hit him with his shoulder.

I'm sure this is where the latitude came it to not flag him but that's almost impossible these days. If a QB is going to stand there like a tackling dummy, they're going to get crushed like a tackling dummy.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hit him right in the chest, what the fuck else do you want? Can't his helmet, can't go for the knees or your dirty, can't hit his chest.... Should he just tap his shoulder? It's football. If you play, you know the risk. I'm tired of this bullshit. Football is a perfect example of how soft America has become. It's a great metaphor for the PC world we live in now

Coach Klieman on 1660. He said they got confirmation, Cole Karcz's Targeting PF was NOT a correct call. Just wondering if the officiating crew gets any kind of warning or reprimand? The game is hard enough, without having officials ejecting players on false calls.?
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    Coach Klieman on 1660. He said they got confirmation, Cole Karcz's Targeting PF was NOT a correct call. Just wondering if the officiating crew gets any kind of warning or reprimand? The game is hard enough, without having officials ejecting players on false calls.?
    I believe the only punishment is that they get a bad grade for the game, and that affects whether they'll officiate playoff games. I also believe bad officiating grades will keep them from officiating at higher levels of football. Indy will be able to confirm if I'm right or wrong.
    Hail the BISON!!!