Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: NCAA Corruption

Default Re: NCAA Corruption

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    This whole thing stinks and Urban slides even lower down my list of people I'd like to see succeed in life. He's always come across as a slime ball to me and this just confirmed it. Whether the woman in question was beaten or not, until proven otherwise, always assume so. Coaches know exactly what they need to do in situations like these and they have enough people around them to guide them as well. Urban doesn't care who he hurts by deleting, forgetting, sweeping things under the rug and so on, as long as he gets his. There was no sincerity at any point in his press conference, the university lacked the balls to stand up for domestic violence in any way and I don't care that Urban wasn't the one who "beat" whoever's wife, he hid the facts or in his case, forgot them. I haven't stayed up to date on all of this, but knee-jerk reaction from what I read/heard last night is this was an epic fail in every way possible.
    With your reasoning we should not just stop there, the whole fan base, students, teachers, and parents were in some way shape or form a part of this also.

LET THEM ALL EAT CAKE!

[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

That is the sad truth, well put.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    The statement I bolded above is very concerning. There are many men who are falsely accused of domestic abuse, especially when divorce and child custody issues are in play. Getting a RO and an incident on file at the PD is a good way to gain the upper hand in a child custody hearing. Very slippery slope here.
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfanatical View Post
    With your reasoning we should not just stop there, the whole fan base, students, teachers, and parents were in some way shape or form a part of this also.

[emoji4]

Ummmmm, Yeah. College athletics is a cesspool and our priorities are all fucked up.

OSU is in the middle of two of these things. MSU somehow just got cleared by the NCAA on the gymnastics thing which is another disaster. Maryland neglected a kid until he died. Penn State debacle. And that’s just one conference.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Domestic abuse (and many other things) are real problems, but they should be dealt with by the police, courts, etc. I'm not sure why a football coach is responsible for someone else's behavior outside of the job. I don't read the news anymore, so I don't know any details but how did he even know? Did the victim notify him? If so, why didn't she go to the police instead of a football coach?

Again, I'm not condoning abuse. I'm saying it should be handled by the proper authorities.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    The statement I bolded above is very concerning. There are many men who are falsely accused of domestic abuse, especially when divorce and child custody issues are in play. Getting a RO and an incident on file at the PD is a good way to gain the upper hand in a child custody hearing. Very slippery slope here.
    Yep, see Duke Lacrosse.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Ummmmm, Yeah. College athletics is a cesspool and our priorities are all fucked up.

OSU is in the middle of two of these things. MSU somehow just got cleared by the NCAA on the gymnastics thing which is another disaster. Maryland neglected a kid until he died. Penn State debacle. And that’s just one conference.
    I don't know how to do that purple thing, obviously I was pointing out the unreasonable tirade about a coach without knowing all the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfanatical View Post
    I don't know how to do that purple thing, obviously I was pointing out the unreasonable tirade about a coach without knowing all the facts.

Don't worry, I got a similar backlash when I pretty much asked that exact question. I just don't understand why people are more angry with a head coach and athletic director than the actual perpetrator. There are a lot of terrible people in this country and most of them have jobs. Should we be calling the heads of those who employ them?
    Hail the BISON!!!