Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Corruption

Default Re: NCAA Corruption

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    I made a post over on the USD board about this. Urban Meyer gets suspended for three games not for something he did, but for something his assistant allegedly did (I say allegedly because the police investigated but he was never found guilty of any charges). Urban's getting punished for how he handled the situation with the assistant. He may have followed procedure, but I guess that isn't enough these days. Contrast that with a recent situation where a head coach actually did get charged with breaking the law yet he received no suspension and his "punishment" was not even made public. Do you think if Urban got all Joosed up and busted for DUI he would still be a Head Coach? No way, but Stig did, and practically nothing happened to the guy.
    In all fairness, how are they going to replace him? You want to live in bookings?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    This is a part of our society now in regards to sports, especially at the youth level. Ohio State did enough to prevent itself from ending up in a similar debacles that Penn State and Michigan State/USOC found themselves in the past decade. If you know something terrible is amiss, you now have to report it, especially for us that work for a National Governing Body under the USOC, where we have to report incidents to Safe Sport. If we don't, we're toast.

In regards to Urban, I'm not a fan or hater, but I respect his accomplishments wherever he coached. My issue with this incident is the press coverage making him more of the bad guy than the actual arse who beat his wife. I feel Urban should be punished/reprimanded, but not lose his job. Does the suspension fit the crime, maybe, but it does send a message.
    You’re all about leadership. Tell me, after seeing that husk of a human being on Wednesday, would you even follow that man across the street?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    I made a post over on the USD board about this. Urban Meyer gets suspended for three games not for something he did, but for something his assistant allegedly did (I say allegedly because the police investigated but he was never found guilty of any charges). Urban's getting punished for how he handled the situation with the assistant. He may have followed procedure, but I guess that isn't enough these days. Contrast that with a recent situation where a head coach actually did get charged with breaking the law yet he received no suspension and his "punishment" was not even made public. Do you think if Urban got all Joosed up and busted for DUI he would still be a Head Coach? No way, but Stig did, and practically nothing happened to the guy.
    Not a OSU fan but Meyer got hosed. The moral outrage police are treating him worse than the guy who abused his wife. Its bullshit.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    You’re all about leadership. Tell me, after seeing that husk of a human being on Wednesday, would you even follow that man across the street?
    What did he do on Wednesday? I'm still positive that he didn't beat his former OC's wife. Again, the focus of the situation needs to be on the accuser, not mainly on his boss.

If we're talking about ethics of a coach from a highly competitive P5 school, I'm going to guess we're not going to find it very often. Guys with good morals and ethics at that level probably struggle to recruit top athletes.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I mean, you can't fire your OC when you're in the middle of a title season. That would be foolish.

The guy who beat his wife...his career is ruined. Baylor fired Art Briles for covering rape complaints for the sake of being top 10 in the country. Now he's coaching some team nobody has ever heard of.

Urban's had success wherever hes gone..Utah Florida OSU. Ditching his shithead OC would be the easiest decision he couldve made but he kept him on a leash. UM is a good enough offensive mind that he could make up whatever shortcomings there were.

Not practicing what you preach(or paint on walls) is a gold standard for firing a coach. Especially when it's a domestic dispute and you know about it.
    Why would tOSU fire their OC? I'm pretty sure he wasn't beating Zach Smith's wife anymore than Urban Meyer was.
    Hail the BISON!!!

What did he do on Wednesday? I'm still positive that he didn't beat his former OC's wife. Again, the focus of the situation needs to be on the accuser, not mainly on his boss.

If we're talking about ethics of a coach from a highly competitive P5 school, I'm going to guess we're not going to find it very often. Guys with good morals and ethics at that level probably struggle to recruit top athletes.
    The wife beater got fired. It only took a decade.

Even victim blaming, mansplaining Steven A. thought Meyer was pathetic and insincere in his post suspension remarks on Wednesday.

Not a great look for the entire OSU athletic department on the heals of the wrestling program revelations either. 4 decades of enabling abusers. Small price to pay for winning a few more amature athletic contests.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

This whole thing stinks and Urban slides even lower down my list of people I'd like to see succeed in life. He's always come across as a slime ball to me and this just confirmed it. Whether the woman in question was beaten or not, until proven otherwise, always assume so. Coaches know exactly what they need to do in situations like these and they have enough people around them to guide them as well. Urban doesn't care who he hurts by deleting, forgetting, sweeping things under the rug and so on, as long as he gets his. There was no sincerity at any point in his press conference, the university lacked the balls to stand up for domestic violence in any way and I don't care that Urban wasn't the one who "beat" whoever's wife, he hid the facts or in his case, forgot them. I haven't stayed up to date on all of this, but knee-jerk reaction from what I read/heard last night is this was an epic fail in every way possible.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The wife beater got fired. It only took a decade.

Even victim blaming, mansplaining Steven A. thought Meyer was pathetic and insincere in his post suspension remarks on Wednesday.

Not a great look for the entire OSU athletic department on the heals of the wrestling program revelations either. 4 decades of enabling abusers. Small price to pay for winning a few more amature athletic contests.
    FYI, if you dislike Urban Meyer's ethics, you're really going to hate Mike DiSabato's. I'm not sure what I legally can post on a public forum due to where I work at, but seeing to how he has treated our athletes in the past, I'm not a believer of anything that comes out his mouth.

In regards to the doctor scandal, I'm not fully aware of the situation, mainly because I discredited it as soon as I heard where it came from and what his agenda would be.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Why would tOSU fire their OC? I'm pretty sure he wasn't beating Zach Smith's wife anymore than Urban Meyer was.
    I'm talking as if it was 2015

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I'm talking as if it was 2015
    Hail the BISON!!!