Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: BisonReport Film Review

Default Re: BisonReport Film Review

Quote Originally Posted by RossUglem View Post
    Thanks Ross. That 10-15 yard run by Stick with double juke move was awesome.

Also, the clean-up hit by Wimbush on May’s near end zone was a lot harder than people realize and you could tell Mays felt it.

I really like how physical/violent Cox finishes tackles. You can tell he loads up before contact.

Deluca is still a step slow and appears to still have pain/tenderness when attempting quick movements/squaring/adjusting for tackles.

OL had difficult time getting to second level. YSU DL got caught only once on holding but feel there could have been several more. We had to switch to more zone blocking—that’s not our most effective run blocking IMO.

Would really like to see more crossing patterns (even double ones) to help WRs get separation and or clearing out middle for delayed TE release down the seam.

Lastly, I feel we should have ran Easton on A-gap power following RB in at end of first half and or some sort of trap off same action/look with Easton similar to what We ran with Brock for winning TD against K-State in 13. A TD there would have given us big momentum going into half and would have opened up game for us IMO—leading to a bit easier win.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

Also, the clean-up hit by Wimbush on May’s near end zone was a lot harder than people realize and you could tell Mays felt it.

I really like how physical/violent Cox finishes tackles. You can tell he loads up before contact.

Deluca is still a step slow and appears to still have pain/tenderness when attempting quick movements/squaring/adjusting for tackles.

OL had difficult time getting to second level. YSU DL got caught only once on holding but feel there could have been several more. We had to switch to more zone blocking—that’s not our most effective run blocking IMO.

Would really like to see more crossing patterns (even double ones) to help WRs get separation and or clearing out middle for delayed TE release down the seam.

Lastly, I feel we should have ran Easton on A-gap power following RB in at end of first half and or some sort of trap off same action/look with Easton similar to what We ran with Brock for winning TD against K-State in 13. A TD there would have given us big momentum going into half and would have opened up game for us IMO—leading to a bit easier win.
    The trouble with that, I think, is there was a miscommunication that left them with no timeouts.if they get stopped they have to be organized enough to get into a legal formation and spike the ball.

All good points CAS! Jabril has an explosive athletic twitch that is rare. As far as Easton running A gap, my thinking is they wanted/needed him to run some, but in a more controlled environment based on the fact that Davis is not available. Things get dicey in there. But I get where you are coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by RossUglem View Post
    The trouble with that, I think, is there was a miscommunication that left them with no timeouts.if they get stopped they have to be organized enough to get into a legal formation and spike the ball.
    I understand that. The TO issue is whole nother topic of convo. I feel personally that we don’t manage/value them like we should. I feel our staff could use a bit of education on that issue. Not knocking them by saying that, just saying there is room for improvement. TOs should be used carefully and in calculated manner in big/highly contested games—think KState. We had all 3 of our TOS left and the ball with 8mins plus to go. This sounds self-flattering, but I told several people (some here who can vouch for me) that if we had all 3 TOs left with 8 or so mins, the ball, and chance to win at KState, we would win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by bisonforever View Post
    All good points CAS! Jabril has an explosive athletic twitch that is rare. As far as Easton running A gap, my thinking is they wanted/needed him to run some, but in a more controlled environment based on the fact that Davis is not available. Things get dicey in there. But I get where you are coming from.
    Oh, I know very well that things get dicey in that limited space. Use of RB to lead block/chip softens blow EASTON may have took. With numbers right it would have worked IMO.

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Oh, I know very well that things get dicey in that limited space. Use of RB to lead block/chip softens blow EASTON may have took. With numbers right it would have worked IMO.

In my Doughead opinion I'm in with you on that CAS.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

We are seeing Nick at about 70%, IMHO. They clearly only wanted him to help with run support, but he has been forced into playing every down due to injury. It is pretty cool, though, at 70%, he is still better than most FCS LB's.

With the said, unless he can pick it up, I am very worried he will not get drafted which then makes his odds so much more difficult. And NDSU can't ever get him some rest, as they need him too much. What a horrible situation for Nick, but he is such a gamer/team player, probably not even thinking of the personal side.

Thanks Ross, much appreciated!
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    We are seeing Nick at about 70%, IMHO. They clearly only wanted him to help with run support, but he has been forced into playing every down due to injury. It is pretty cool, though, at 70%, he is still better than most FCS LB's.

With the said, unless he can pick it up, I am very worried he will not get drafted which then makes his odds so much more difficult. And NDSU can't ever get him some rest, as they need him too much. What a horrible situation for Nick, but he is such a gamer/team player, probably not even thinking of the personal side.
    I think his draft stock will be more affected by how he does in whatever postseason practices/game he goes to and how he works out at the combine/pro day. It seems doubtful though that he'll get any meaningful rest until Thanksgiving (which hopefully will be a bye week) but he should have a good amount of rest in January before all the pre-draft activities start even if the season ends in Frisco.

Personally, I hope NFL evaluators recognize that he's sacrificing himself for the team this year and give him due credit for it. Beats the heck out of what Christian McCaffrey and Leonard Fournette pulled last year quitting on their teams prior to their bowl games.