Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: BisonReport Film Review

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: BisonReport Film Review

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    We are seeing Nick at about 70%, IMHO. They clearly only wanted him to help with run support, but he has been forced into playing every down due to injury. It is pretty cool, though, at 70%, he is still better than most FCS LB's.

With the said, unless he can pick it up, I am very worried he will not get drafted which then makes his odds so much more difficult. And NDSU can't ever get him some rest, as they need him too much. What a horrible situation for Nick, but he is such a gamer/team player, probably not even thinking of the personal side.
    I would think scouts are smart enough to see the reality of his situation. Hopefully he can get healthy after the season going into the combine and that's where he can show his speed and agility when he's at 100%.

We are seeing Nick at about 70%, IMHO. They clearly only wanted him to help with run support, but he has been forced into playing every down due to injury. It is pretty cool, though, at 70%, he is still better than most FCS LB's.

With the said, unless he can pick it up, I am very worried he will not get drafted which then makes his odds so much more difficult. And NDSU can't ever get him some rest, as they need him too much. What a horrible situation for Nick, but he is such a gamer/team player, probably not even thinking of the personal side.
    The reality of that situation is the same as it was with Carson, whatever he tests at is going to create his level of interest. He has excellent sophomore and junior tape, plus the three games last year before he got hurt. If he checks in at 6'3" 250 and runs in the 4.6s with good agility and explosion numbers he's going to get a look. As with most FCS guys the intensity of the look will feed off the testing numbers. I don't believe that playing right now will have an effect on his career one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by RossUglem View Post
    The reality of that situation is the same as it was with Carson, whatever he tests at is going to create his level of interest. He has excellent sophomore and junior tape, plus the three games last year before he got hurt. If he checks in at 6'3" 250 and runs in the 4.6s with good agility and explosion numbers he's going to get a look. As with most FCS guys the intensity of the look will feed off the testing numbers. I don't believe that playing right now will have an effect on his career one way or the other.
    But what about the Senior Bowl or other high level all star games when that testing starts? That is what I am worried about, not just the tape. And we all know NDSU will likely make at least another semi-final run.....

But what about the Senior Bowl or other high level all star games when that testing starts? That is what I am worried about, not just the tape. And we all know NDSU will likely make at least another semi-final run.....
    this isn't an injury that's going to get worse as the season goes on, it's going to get better as he gets stronger unless there's a reinjury, which there is basically no higher likelihood of happening than if he hadn't got hurt in a freak practice accident in the first place. He'll get some sort of an all star game invite and play just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RossUglem View Post
    Looking forward to getting in to this. More here should so they would have more in-depth look/feel for what is going on on field. Thanks for your hard work, Ross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Can anyone explain how we defended Acklin? I didn’t notice in real time on Saturday (combo of poor film coverage of the defense and possibly too many beers). Acklin got the one huge reception but was otherwise kept in check. I’m specifically wondering if we had consistent safety coverage over the top or is Allison capable of 1 on 1?

Does this performance against Acklin give the coaches any ideas how to defend Weineke and Goedert this year? Can DeLuca handle the TE 1 on 1?

How will we defend Fountain this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    Can anyone explain how we defended Acklin? I didn’t notice in real time on Saturday (combo of poor film coverage of the defense and possibly too many beers). Acklin got the one huge reception but was otherwise kept in check. I’m specifically wondering if we had consistent safety coverage over the top or is Allison capable of 1 on 1?

Does this performance against Acklin give the coaches any ideas how to defend Weineke and Goedert this year? Can DeLuca handle the TE 1 on 1?

How will we defend Fountain this weekend?
    Acklin got his yards, but keeping the talented McGuire on his butt and/or back limited WIU from getting multiply big plays from those two. The guys replacing Menard might not be Menard, but they're pretty good.

The DBs and Safeties are talented, but pressure from the front four/seven and keeping them fresh with constant rotation is helping the Defense keep passing teams off the field. I would put the performance against WIU even better than what they did to EWU earlier this year. Much like wrestling, a key to success is keeping your opponent from feeling comfortable at all times. If done right, they'll break.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I'm sorry I haven't posted this in here in a while. It's hard to keep it all straight. Here's the USD Film Review

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thank you, Ross, these are much appreciated.