Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 4 Polls

Default Re: Week 4 Polls

6 Valley teams in top 10. wonder what the record for most teams from 1 conf. in the top 10 is.

Da Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by eman View Post
    The shithawks are who we thought they were! Montana state is getting screwed! I think there is a considerable gap after number 2!
    Why do people keep bringing up Joel H.?
    The original Da Bison.
    Not to be confused with imposters

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    They are the flagship and have hockey
    And of course they are pissed off and lifting weights....so they have that going for them...which is nice.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by OatmealWicket92 View Post
    6 Valley teams in top 10. wonder what the record for most teams from 1 conf. in the top 10 is.
    Don't know on that poll, but the folks at USD said this is the 3rd time that 5 MVFC teams were in the top 10. (Coaches Poll)

Quote Originally Posted by OatmealWicket92 View Post
    I'm thinking this has to be the record in the history of FCS. Maybe, just maybe the CAA (or predecessor conference name) had five or six at some point, but I doubt it. That's just crazy!

Don't expect it to last as the Valley starts beating each other up. Not that there SHOULDN'T be six teams in the top ten even with a couple losses, but not all Valley teams are going to escape the grind with one or no losses. I would love to see a "last-in" USD travel to a seeded Big Sky, CAA, or Southland team and wallop 'em.

In the past, the Valley teams have not always been as strong as the regular season would suggest, though they still have a pretty solid playoff record collectively. I suspect this is one year where a middle of the pack Valley team could probably win any other conference outside of the CAA. But... it's still early. There are many variables which inevitably leads to many surprises.

6 out of 10 and one of them isn't UNI. A few years ago, I would never have believed a future that included these facts. <NO SMACK>

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    6 out of 10 and one of them isn't UNI. A few years ago, I would never have believed a future that included these facts. <NO SMACK>
    Between 1981 and 2011 UNI won (or shared) 19 conference titles in 31 years. Their longest streak without a title in that span was 5 years (1996 to 2001). They're currently working on a 6 year streak without a conference title...

How in the world is Farley still hanging on? He doesn't produce for them anymore.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    How in the world is Farley still hanging on? He doesn't produce for them anymore.
    UNI is a financial mess. Football is just a little important to them compared to basketball.
    Hail the BISON!!!

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Between 1981 and 2011 UNI won (or shared) 19 conference titles in 31 years. Their longest streak without a title in that span was 5 years (1996 to 2001). They're currently working on a 6 year streak without a conference title...

They will be breaking records soon.
    The recruiting landscape has changed, and not in UNI's favor. Who goes to UNI if they have a competing NDSU offer? And if they don't have an NDSU offer then they have an SDSU, USD offer and go there. Academic specialties and hometown might be the only exceptions. COA could change things for them, but that is years away. The damage you do to a program in the mean time could be lasting.