Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Robert Morris

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Robert Morris

Depends on the degree.....1st, 2nd, or 3rd.
    The ligament can be stressed upon landing directly on the joint. If the acromion process and end of the clavicle share the brunt equally, it tends to be a grade 1 unless the player lands from a high free-fall.

If the impact is more off center (which is usually the case because the acromion is more prominently positioned) the acromion is driven downward and the ligament stretches (within its span between the acromion and the clavicle). Grade 2.

In a more violent event (in terms of acromion being driven downward) a grade 3 sprain can occur. This is a complete rupture of the ligament (ligaments don't stretch very far before they fail) The clavicle pops upward and looks like a diving board.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    So far his performance is outstanding.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    So many variables and levels of severity in AC and shoulder it is very hard to predict without all the information. The long and short of a AC sprain injury is return as soon as full ROM without pain and return of strength.

I didn't see was it his throwing shoulder?
    I think it was his throwing shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    I think it was his throwing shoulder.
    Yeah...when he was on the sidelines just after it happened, that was the side I saw them having him try to lift and looking at more closely....from what I remember... (Assuming he's right handed)