Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Favorite Bison Experiences with your Dad/Mom?

Default Re: Favorite Bison Experiences with your Dad/Mom?

My 84yo father was unfortunate enough to need surgery on a game day. The doctor scared the crap out of us saying he could end up on a ventilator, die, etc... When the nurse wheeled him out of the OR we didn't know what to expect. He had his eyes closed but whispered, "score". I told him it was halftime and the Bison are down 7 to 10. He sits up in bed eyes wide open and yells, "the Bison are down?!" Later in his room the nurse was looking at his dressing and he cringed. She asked if that hurt, and he said, "no, that was a good hit" as he was watching the game on a TV over her shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by PAC Bison View Post
    My 84yo father was unfortunate enough to need surgery on a game day. The doctor scared the crap out of us saying he could end up on a ventilator, die, etc... When the nurse wheeled him out of the OR we didn't know what to expect. He had his eyes closed but whispered, "score". I told him it was halftime and the Bison are down 7 to 10. He sits up in bed eyes wide open and yells, "the Bison are down?!" Later in his room the nurse was looking at his dressing and he cringed. She asked if that hurt, and he said, "no, that was a good hit" as he was watching the game on a TV over her shoulder.
    LOL LOL Great story
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

From Iowa game last year. a memory I will NEVER FORGET....I'm talking to my 6 year old son about the Iowa game on our way there, and keep in mind all he's ever known is for the Bison is to win championships. He doesn't understand FCS vs. FBS at this point and I was trying to explain to him that there's a chance the Bison don't win this game. I just don't want him to be crushed on this road trip so I'm trying to soften the potential blow. His quote to me prior to the game is "Dad, sometimes the Bison play better teams and they still win", and I told him he was right and that does happen sometimes. Fast forward at the game prior to the game winning field goal....I tell him, "If he makes this, we win".....We're all pins and needles and as the ball goes through the uprights, my 6 year old son says "Dad, I told you so, I told you the Bison could win". Hugs and High Fives galore! Gotta love the experience for the family, the moment we shared, and the mind of a 6 year old Bison fan.

I have so many memories with my dad, but my favorite was the Southern Utah trip back in 2006 or 2007. We flew to Las Vegas and went to Hoover Dam before heading north to Utah. The Bison easily won the game, but didn't play all that well. Afterwards, we drove through Zion National Park. The next day allowed us a view of the north rim of Grand Canyon before heading back to Las Vegas.

Without Bison football, we never would have done that kind of trip together. Dad passed away after the 2013 championship season, but his love of Bison football has been passed down not only to me, but also to my two kids, too.
    Last edited by BraxtonT; 10-02-2017 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    First Frisco game
    Your parents are great. What'd they give us at the Colorado State tailgate again? Apple slices? Likely a life saver