Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Road Game Choice

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Road Game Choice

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I have floated the idea to my wife but something about travelling 2 hrs each way to go to a watch party has her questioning why she married me.
    Bring the kids (if you have any) and buy her a bourbon. That should fix it. We'll have to meet up at the ISU games this year. I'll bring the hooch.

Quote Originally Posted by UpstateBison View Post
    I will be at both ISU's along with YSU. A group of us from the Charlotte area will be going to the YSU game. These are the closest games to Spartanburg, SC.
    Will my close personal friend Mark be there??!?!?!!?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I have floated the idea to my wife but something about travelling 2 hrs each way to go to a watch party has her questioning why she married me.
    That is the only reason????
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've never been to either, but if I was going to make recommendations I would refer to the game itself. Wouldn't the level of competition make more of a difference as to which game you would go to? Does a person really care what the stadium looks like, the amount of people there, or the atmosphere? Don't get me wrong, I would like those things to be great as well. But a chance to go see the Bison play a valley team on the road is my primary focus. I don't get why people feel the need to rip on other programs if they don't meet their expectations. We have something special in Fargo, and going on the road only reinforces that fact. I went to EWU and watched the Bison curb stomp the Eagles and had a great time. I didn't feel the need to come back and tell you there was empty seats, their fans were lame and quiet, and the atmosphere didn't match the FFD on Bison game day. Just my $.02.
    Having said that I would say go to Youngstown because they usually give us a good game, and their coach is a sideshow, free entertainment. If you go to Indiana St, say hello to Grant Olson and give him a hearty Go Bison!!!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    That is the only reason????
    At that moment.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Youngstown would be the better of the two. The stadium isn't a dump. The football should be better. There will also be a significant number of Bison fans there thanks to the group from the Carolinas hosting the tailgate.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Terre Haute would suck. Their stadium is D2 and fans don't show up to watch them. The Ice Castle is a cool venue and their fans actually care about the team.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com